Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
PPSSPP Ad-hoc general info thread
10-07-2020, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2020 07:31 AM by Zinx777.)
RE: PPSSPP supports more games with ad-hoc now
(10-07-2020 12:49 AM)AdamN Wrote:  True, Kizuna Drive does have a good netcode, to be able to handle 10% packet loss rate is considered good tho, not many games can do this, and in-game (during battle) increasing it to 20% were also pretty stable, it's just that the lobby couldn't handle this much of packet loss.

Most games should be able to handle upto 200ms latency/ping as i remembered, larger ping will only gives you longer delay/slower response when you press a button (at least when being seen by other players).
While higher rate of packet loss... is a bad thing, an example of when data packet getting lost, when you pressed a button and that information is lost.. it will be like you never press a button and need to press again (ie. need to send again) and hoping it wouldn't lost again, and after several times failed to sync the data due to loss it will eventually leads to desync/disconnection.

You are right about the button presses and in fighting games it's the most annoying because you can drop an input that you need while doing a combo.
You can see it in fighting games like Shin Budokai and BlazBlue.
Sometimes you can see input lag over the internet as well.
But at least the games wont disconnect so easily they just drop the inputs.
So far thing are looking great with certain games and looks like most games work now correctly.
I hope you could make some PRs and it will get merged into PPSSPP sometime later (after you get a phone I guess).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PPSSPP supports more games with ad-hoc now - Zinx777 - 10-07-2020 07:29 AM