Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
PPSSPP Ad-hoc general info thread
09-26-2020, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2020 11:03 AM by AdamN.)
RE: PPSSPP supports more games with ad-hoc now
(09-26-2020 08:13 AM)Zinx777 Wrote:  
(09-26-2020 01:04 AM)AdamN Wrote:  Okay, i've updated the test builds on my signature (below) with the latest one.
Please give it a try.

What's fixed:
- An Attempt to make Adhocctl & Apctl to works properly, which removes the lag when creating/connecting/joining a group/room/lobby, and apparently also fix joining issue on LEGO Indiana Jones 2 (may also fix other games with similar issue)
- Fix joining issue on Dissidia 012

The only workaround that is left to be fixed is the GvG Next Plus workaround which helped preventing connection issue on high latency networks.
GvG Next Plus doesn't works well even with JPCSP + prx files when i tested it with simulated 150ms latency using clumsy LOL so i guess i should leave that workaround alone (which doesn't seems to have any bad side effects on other games)

I only tried 1 game (Kingdom Hearts) online and that worked alright.
Even the D-Link bug thing was not there.
Kizuna Drive seems to work locally still but I didnt try ultimate ninja heroes 3 because I deleted it. (I know its a problematic game lol).
You managed to fix a game that I didnt get to work locally and thats Carnage Heart EXA so good job on that.

Btw don't create savestate using these test build, since i might be changing some experimental naming to a proper one before making a PR thus saves states being made using test build may no longer be compatible with official build after merged.

Anyway, i've found the proper fix for GvG Next Plus so it works without workaround anymore, but i'll probably add another settings to enable/disable this workaround as a hackish way to prevent getting connection issue in lobby over high latency networks for GvG, Dissidia, or any other games that might have this kind of issue.

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2mxcsw3w6gb9wq/PPSSPP_1.10.3-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/329379pz4i7g0eo/PPSSPP_1.10.3-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PPSSPP supports more games with ad-hoc now - AdamN - 09-26-2020 10:57 AM