Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
PPSSPP Ad-hoc general info thread
10-28-2020, 02:21 AM
RE: PPSSPP Ad-hoc general info thread
(10-27-2020 06:46 PM)zakilj3 Wrote:  I was able to try dissidia 012 between 2 Android sadly same issue as usual, basically dissidia only works between pc.

If 2 Android : one will get disconnect on character selection and the other stay on white screen
If 1 Android to 1 pc: all goes well till the fight start and it desync at random

If 2 pc: works perfectly fine no problem as I remember

Dunno if your latest test build have any change for this game AdamN but I ll give it a shot when it will be merged on next build.

At least khbbs works buttery well so I am very satisfied thanks again

Are you using the latest one on my signature?

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6699cyf1tzu29b/PPSSPP_1.10.3-adhocfix_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmz6jvesmm3uwp2/PPSSPP_1.10.3-adhocfix_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2020, 09:07 AM
No , but I will likely use it for an another test too
10-28-2020, 02:31 PM
I wonder why it takes awhile to merge the new ad-hoc PR now.
10-28-2020, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2020 05:27 PM by AdamN.)
(10-28-2020 02:31 PM)Zinx777 Wrote:  I wonder why it takes awhile to merge the new ad-hoc PR now.

They're probably busy fixing visual/graphics glitches, i even notice Shaun White Snowboarding were starting to show weird polygons after updating the official commits a few days after i fixed the multiplayer, not sure if they've fixed that issue or not by now (i haven't updating my source to the latest official commits since then)

I hope after all of those graphical glitches got fixed it will automatically fixes Ratchet & Clanks Size Matters (i had a strong feeling it was related to GE)

Anyway, i'm starting to understand GameMode a bit better and findout why the player's color on Star Wars minimap became black, which is also the same reason why some other GameMode games are getting issue when starting the mission sometimes. It was because the initial data didn't get synced sometimes, and right now i'm still trying various way to sync it.

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6699cyf1tzu29b/PPSSPP_1.10.3-adhocfix_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmz6jvesmm3uwp2/PPSSPP_1.10.3-adhocfix_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
10-28-2020, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2020 06:49 PM by Zinx777.)
(10-28-2020 05:21 PM)AdamN Wrote:  
(10-28-2020 02:31 PM)Zinx777 Wrote:  I wonder why it takes awhile to merge the new ad-hoc PR now.

They're probably busy fixing visual/graphics glitches, i even notice Shaun White Snowboarding were starting to show weird polygons after updating the official commits a few days after i fixed the multiplayer, not sure if they've fixed that issue or not by now (i haven't updating my source to the latest official commits since then)

I hope after all of those graphical glitches got fixed it will automatically fixes Ratchet & Clanks Size Matters (i had a strong feeling it was related to GE)

Anyway, i'm starting to understand GameMode a bit better and findout why the player's color on Star Wars minimap became black, which is also the same reason why some other GameMode games are getting issue when starting the mission sometimes. It was because the initial data didn't get synced sometimes, and right now i'm still trying various way to sync it.

Wait.
If you said syncing issues can cause graphical problems like that Star Wars minimap issue (and red colors on screen?).
Won't that mean that Ratchet & Clank (and maybe Shaun White Snowboarding?) got issues that are caused by syncing?
Also the R&C ad-hoc issues existed since you first started working on Ad-hoc so I doubt it will be fixed so easily.
Perhaps Because R&C is not synching properly and the 2nd player gets stuck below the map on certain game modes and maps.
10-28-2020, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2020 07:54 PM by AdamN.)
(10-28-2020 06:06 PM)Zinx777 Wrote:  
(10-28-2020 05:21 PM)AdamN Wrote:  

Wait.
If you said syncing issues can cause graphical problems like that Star Wars minimap issue (and red colors on screen?).
Won't that mean that Ratchet & Clank (and maybe Shaun White Snowboarding?) got issues that are caused by syncing?
Also the R&C ad-hoc issues existed since you first started working on Ad-hoc so I doubt it will be fixed so easily.
Perhaps Because R&C is not synching properly and the 2nd player gets stuck below the map on certain game modes and maps.

R&C doesn't use GameMode, and currently i only notice this issue on GameMode games, while R&C is using regular Adhoc functions, otherwise most of Adhoc games would suffer the same issue with R&C (including MH games), i even had freezes before reaching the multiplayer menu LOL rare but did happened.

Regarding the wrong coordinate, it might have something todo with a wrong VFPU calculation (which happened recently on SIN & COS and was fixed with a workaround by using double precision instead of calculating the epsilon for some cases)

The desync issue on Dissidia 012 when using PC vs Android might also related to VFPU inconsistencies between Android/ARM and PC/x86, as i remembered it only desync when using certain skills (usually the skills on rectangle button) which might trigger the inconsistency of these VFPU.

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
10-28-2020, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2020 09:26 PM by Zinx777.)
Wanted to check how Dissidia 012 behaves on PC with localhost to be sure that zak is right
noticed I can't see myself in the lobby when I use localhost and 2 instances with Dissidia 012.
I thought it was an internet issue but it is a local one as well.
I tried both group and non group modes and even tried multiple times but still.
Using the latest test build as well.
BTW about R&C i literally tried everything and I still couldnt get the 2nd player to be in the correct place (tried software renderer + also tried Interperter).
I have a feeling the game will work correctly if 2nd player is from JPCSP but I didnt try that yet.
10-28-2020, 09:47 PM
The test build of AdamN has an issue where we can't see any player on dissidia 012(I just tested that build btw 2 android phone), dunno for other games tho(beside khbbs that I quickly test and was ok)
10-28-2020, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2020 04:53 AM by AdamN.)
Yeah there was an issue with AdhocMatching due to failed socket creation which is happening on Dissidia 012, i've added the fix to my PR.
I'll update my test builds later, but hopefully that PR getting merged today.

Edit: I've updated my test builds, which also include the basic infrastructure API for Driver 76 (not included in my PR because it can only see the room but can't joined yet tho)

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
10-29-2020, 05:29 AM
I wonder what's going on with Def Jam Fight For NY.
No matter the ppsspp update it will still declines the other player even if you agree for a match.
10-29-2020, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2020 12:29 PM by AdamN.)
(10-29-2020 05:29 AM)Zinx777 Wrote:  I wonder what's going on with Def Jam Fight For NY.
No matter the ppsspp update it will still declines the other player even if you agree for a match.

It seems to be timing issue on AdhocMatching, since i haven't checked AdhocMatching timings with a small homebrew like what i did to Adhocctl.

But i can at least try to make it works (not 100% works but have a higher chance to work)

This game seems to use GameMode too.

PS: Apparently JPCSP without prx also suffers the same player color issue on minimap on Star Wars TFU, but at least they shows the correct player list on client side (which i haven't figured out where is this list came from)

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
10-30-2020, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2020 12:44 PM by Zinx777.)
Hmm I heard that someone recreated MGS Portable Ops + Infrastructure server... (now its down though)
Also I heard that Phantasy Star Portable 2 infrastructure server is still up..
JPCSP have support for infrastructure play as well if I am not mistaken so maybe there is a merit to support it as well for just plug-and-play online play.
BTW found an issue that still happens with KIngdom Hearts BBS and is affecting another game : https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/10891
This might be the cause you sometimes get a loop and a disconnection when you try to play KHBBS ... It still happens even on the latest build.
10-30-2020, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2020 05:15 PM by Zinx777.)
Seems like there is a mistake that was done on my list..
Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow is not working even on the latest PPSSPP.
It freezes when you try to enter the multiplayer mode...
Kinda reminds me of a similar issue with Resistance...
Both games work on JPCSP even without prx files.
Someone notified me about it so I will now update the list on it.
10-30-2020, 05:33 PM
RE: Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow & Rssistence: Retribution
Hi, i'm Leyo from the "Syphon Filter Central" Discord Server community, we are fans of the "Syphon Filter" videogame series.

We're having an issue relating to Ad-Hoc.
The series has 7 games in total, 3 of them are PSP titles, the three games names are:
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (2006)
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (2007)
Syphon Filter: Combat Ops (2007)

All 3 games have online multiplayer Infrastructure and Ad-Hoc, Dark Mirror & Combat Ops both work online today using Ad-Hoc on PPSSPP emulator.

However, Logan's Shadow doesn't work online, it does boot up fine and it is playable from start to finish in single player, but when we try to go to the multiplayer section, the second someone presses the button on that section the game freezes and must be rebooted (the game freezes not the emulator), same happens when we try to enter the "Combat Ops Sneak Preview" which is also found inside Logan's Shadow.
If i'm not mistaken then i believe that Logan's Shadow can be played online on jPCSP emulator, maybe this info can help you diagnose the problem, also i should mention that another game by the name of "Resistence: Retribution" has the same issue on PPSSPP, both Logan's Shadow & Resistence were developed by Bend Studio, thought this might be helpful to know too.

Is there any unique feat we must perform to get the online for this game to work? i tried UPnP too and it didn't work, can you do anything to help us please? please let me know what can be done, we have an entire community dedicated to this game series and would love to play Logan's Shadow online.

Thanks

-Leyo
10-31-2020, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2020 07:48 AM by AdamN.)
(10-30-2020 04:55 PM)Zinx777 Wrote:  Seems like there is a mistake that was done on my list..
Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow is not working even on the latest PPSSPP.
It freezes when you try to enter the multiplayer mode...
Kinda reminds me of a similar issue with Resistance...
Both games work on JPCSP even without prx files.
Someone notified me about it so I will now update the list on it.

Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow has Kernel issue (hang) due to unimplemented Kernel HLE function when selecting multiplayer menu from main menu.
Code:
user_main    E[SCEMODULE]: HLE\sceKernelModule.cpp:2245 UNIMPL sceKernelStopUnloadSelfModuleWithStatus(00000001, 00000000, 00000000, 00000000, 00000000): game may have crashed
But the main issue might be something else (may be due to missing files, or sound engine, or graphic engine), which is not networking issue since it doesn't use any sceNet function yet.

Well, i'm not familiar with Kernel stuff, so this should be checked by main developer.
You should ask him to submit an issue at github and provide the Info logs on all channel, or simply run PPSSPP using InfoLog.bat or DebugLog.bat (debug have more detailed log) and attach the generated log while submitting the issue.

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============