Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend
10-14-2013, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2014 01:39 PM by LunaMoo.)
RE: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend
As I said in custom shader thread where I posted a small screenie while working over this ~ here's my partial implementation of PDE english patch which since isn't based on prx works in ppsspp.;p
Small update: Also added an optional ppf patch to remove the cute, but low res stamp which shows in the top right corner while watching PV's which can be used together with cheat to remove subtitles which I included in translation patch package to make some nice screenshotsSmile.

partial english ppf patch download
optional Miku Stamp Remover download
===========
Next year's edit: PSP Cipher for pc - you can use this handy app to decrypt eboot.bin which is required by the patch if you don't have psp and don't want to bother with jpcsp or iso tool.
===========
And another edit:
From v0.9.7.2-116-g909fc3d and up PPSSPP can directly dump decrypted eboot.bin while running the game(it's an option in system->developer tools), I'm used to psp cipher so didn't really tried this new feature with any game yet, but I guess the decrypted eboot goes to "memstick\PSP\SYSTEM\DUMP\" folder and is saved as "disc_ID.bin".
===========

It's based on prx english patch by codestation/Nightsail, it has few corrections over their patch, but also alot of limitations as simply applied on unhacked elf, it's also partial ~ has only stuff which I found usefull for myself.
All details/instructions are in the readme.txt included with the package. Wanted to release it a bit later, but turns out I'll be extra busy this weak and I don't plan on improving it more anyway hoping we can get prx patch support in the future so take it as it is and in case of problems just ask here ~ I'm pretty sure most people here know how to decrypt eboot, and apply ppf patches so that's nothing really hard.

Also while making this I made a cheat to disable subtitles which is nice for eyecandy screenshots especially with shader which BTW is sole reason why I decided to make at least such partial translation since the game looks damn beautiful now;o.

Well ~ have fun.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Thank LunaMoo for this patch!! Big Grin!!

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
10-14-2013, 10:38 PM
You're welcome ~ just had a moment as one thing bugged me a bit and added extra patch to same post above which can be used to remove miku stamp which shows during PV play. It should work same good with or without translation, just an extra detail to make it free of low res stuffSmile. Mooo;3

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
10-15-2013, 12:50 AM
I am running this on Galaxy S4 active but I get flashing texture(no frameskipping) that is really annoying.

I disabled everything and it still does not help(running on unbuffered mode).

Anyone else have this problem? Who has fix for it?
10-15-2013, 08:50 AM
(10-15-2013 12:50 AM)ComradeHX Wrote:  I am running this on Galaxy S4 active but I get flashing texture(no frameskipping) that is really annoying.

I disabled everything and it still does not help(running on unbuffered mode).

Anyone else have this problem? Who has fix for it?

about miku flashing texture try off vertex cache.

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
10-19-2013, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2013 01:19 PM by kampretbalado.)
(10-14-2013 04:54 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  As I said in custom shader thread where I posted a small screenie while working over this ~ here's my partial implementation of PDE english patch which since isn't based on prx works in ppsspp.;p
Small update: Also added an optional ppf patch to remove the cute, but low res stamp which shows in the top right corner while watching PV's which can be used together with cheat to remove subtitles which I included in translation patch package to make some nice screenshotsSmile.

partial english ppf patch download
optional Miku Stamp Remover download

It's based on prx english patch by codestation/Nightsail, it has few corrections over their patch, but also alot of limitations as simply applied on unhacked elf, it's also partial ~ has only stuff which I found usefull for myself.
All details/instructions are in the readme.txt included with the package. Wanted to release it a bit later, but turns out I'll be extra busy this weak and I don't plan on improving it more anyway hoping we can get prx patch support in the future so take it as it is and in case of problems just ask here ~ I'm pretty sure most people here know how to decrypt eboot, and apply ppf patches so that's nothing really hard.

Also while making this I made a cheat to disable subtitles which is nice for eyecandy screenshots especially with shader which BTW is sole reason why I decided to make at least such partial translation since the game looks damn beautiful now;o.

Well ~ have fun.

Thanks for the translation! But I'm having problem to get it working right though Sad
I did everything that is on the readme.txt, but when I start the game, it does not translate the menu, just the text below the menu that shows what the buttons do
I know this is a partial translation, but I'm not sure if it is really that partial
What did I do wrong? Thanks in advance Wink

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-19-2013, 03:08 PM
There are two ppf patches included, one called Diva2ExDatappfpatch.ppf and this has the images you see translated so you surely applied it correctly and no need to do it again, the second one is ebootppfpatch.ppf and this has some text translations and romanji lyrics/subs which if you don't see, you either not applied it, or did it incorrectly.

If you forgot to apply this ppf, just do it and menus should be translated(at least some of them;p). If you did it, but it doesn't work, first of all make sure you patched eboot.bin from sysdir, not the one from update. And also don't forget eboot.bin has to be decrypted before applying the patch. If decrypting would be a problem try using "Iso Tool" homebrew which from what I tested decrypts eboot.bin just fine from ppsspp.

10-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Or you can decrypting use jpcsp Big Grin I used Jpcsp to decry Eboot.bin Smile

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
10-20-2013, 02:20 PM
(10-19-2013 03:08 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  There are two ppf patches included, one called Diva2ExDatappfpatch.ppf and this has the images you see translated so you surely applied it correctly and no need to do it again, the second one is ebootppfpatch.ppf and this has some text translations and romanji lyrics/subs which if you don't see, you either not applied it, or did it incorrectly.

If you forgot to apply this ppf, just do it and menus should be translated(at least some of them;p). If you did it, but it doesn't work, first of all make sure you patched eboot.bin from sysdir, not the one from update. And also don't forget eboot.bin has to be decrypted before applying the patch. If decrypting would be a problem try using "Iso Tool" homebrew which from what I tested decrypts eboot.bin just fine from ppsspp.

(10-19-2013 03:18 PM)Ritori Wrote:  Or you can decrypting use jpcsp Big Grin I used Jpcsp to decry Eboot.bin Smile

Finally got it working!
I didn't know how to decrypt the eboot.bin files at first so I directly extract and patch the files. But now I used jpcsp to decrypt the eboot.bin and (some of) the menus are now in english too. I must have living under a rock this whole time for not realizing this O_o
Thanks a lot guys!

P.S. : I didn't see any translation for the diva edit mode, did I do a mistake again somewhere or is the patch was like that?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-22-2013, 12:48 PM
(10-20-2013 02:20 PM)kampretbalado Wrote:  
(10-19-2013 03:08 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  There are two ppf patches included, one called Diva2ExDatappfpatch.ppf and this has the images you see translated so you surely applied it correctly and no need to do it again, the second one is ebootppfpatch.ppf and this has some text translations and romanji lyrics/subs which if you don't see, you either not applied it, or did it incorrectly.

(10-19-2013 03:18 PM)Ritori Wrote:  Or you can decrypting use jpcsp Big Grin I used Jpcsp to decry Eboot.bin Smile

Finally got it working!
I didn't know how to decrypt the eboot.bin files at first so I directly extract and patch the files. But now I used jpcsp to decrypt the eboot.bin and (some of) the menus are now in english too. I must have living under a rock this whole time for not realizing this O_o
Thanks a lot guys!

P.S. : I didn't see any translation for the diva edit mode, did I do a mistake again somewhere or is the patch was like that?

hmm, the "Rhytm" word looks mispelled, it should be "Rhythm". Wink

PC Specifications:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, 8GB of RAM
1680x1050p 60Hz
Intel i3 2100 @3.10GHz
Powercolor Radeon HD 6970 (2GB, GDDR5)

Smartphone Specifications:
Sony Xperia S = Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 MSM8260(Dual-Core @1.5GHz Scorpion, Adreno 220, 1GB RAM) Android 4.1.2
10-22-2013, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2013 04:17 PM by LunaMoo.)
Blah;p, not my native so looked correct for my brain somehow;c, that's why people doing translations have editors I guess. Glad I didn't go crazy with putting more engrish text.~_~ Gonna fix that in a moment. /Done ~ eboot patch is corrected to put Rhythm whenever it was wrong ~ also included correction ppf to use for already patched eboot.bin;p.

10-27-2013, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2013 11:56 PM by Lateralus.)
I'm playing on a high end PC and I'm experiencing no frame rate or audio issues, however I am experiencing an input delay issue, only with Project Diva. Basically, I'll press X on a note or whatever, and it won't register that I pressed X until about a second later. It makes this game super hard because I'm pressing buttons earlier than the audio in the actual song in order to get them to land on the open area in time. Any advice?
10-28-2013, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 09:38 AM by serafin72.)
It is known issue http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...=input+lag
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-30-2013, 05:02 AM
This game works flawlessly for me with vertex cache off.

(10-27-2013 11:56 PM)Lateralus Wrote:  I'm playing on a high end PC and I'm experiencing no frame rate or audio issues, however I am experiencing an input delay issue, only with Project Diva. Basically, I'll press X on a note or whatever, and it won't register that I pressed X until about a second later. It makes this game super hard because I'm pressing buttons earlier than the audio in the actual song in order to get them to land on the open area in time. Any advice?

I have some mild input delay but it's not that bad. I can still get Perfect on Extreme occasionally. However the timing IS different from PSP and it ISN'T consistent. Occasionally I will miss a note that I KNOW I nailed.

I'm playing on a

Asrock 880 GM LE FX | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AMD FX 6300 @ 4.12GHz | HIS Radeon 7870, 2GB 256 bit GDDR5 @ 1337MHz core, 1337MHz mem
8GB (2 x 4GB Dual Channel) Kingston HyperX XMP Blu Red DDR3 1600 @ 9,9,9,27
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD (Sequential R|W: 162|151 MB/Sec)

It's plenty fast. For controller I have PS2 controller though USB converter.

I actually made a whole thread about this on the pcsx2 forums(discussing both amplitude on PCSX2 and project diva on PPSSPP).

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-On-the-ti...ythm-games

In that thread, this was the answer we all basically settled on.

Koji @ PCSX2 Forums Wrote:As for OP, there is inherently going to be SOME sort of delay due to the nature of emulation, but in most cases it won't be severe enough to hinder music games by themselves, but coupled with other issues inherent to emulation (inaccuracies, mistimings, etc) and it does tend to show up. The problem is that 99% of games it doesn't matter if the audio, for example, lags slightly behind the game (20 to even as much as 200ms) where as in rhythm games that's absolutely huge.

To add to that even more is that PCs (which are most often used for emulation) also have inherent lag between video and audio, adding another 20-40ms (normally undetectable to most people's ears, but it adds up) especially if you're running on a machine with a built in or low end audio "card".
11-16-2013, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2013 07:32 PM by Ikmalhidayat.)
Rainbow RE: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend
Hey guys!

Found some tips for input lag! (applies with my ppsspp version, not yet try other setting except below)
I dont know if you guys found this out...

I hope this will solves the input lag to Lateralus.

PPSSPP 0.9.5 build 213 (PC ver)
Okay, you will need to disable Buffered Rendering. i know is pretty annoying for aliasing, bit of flicker, but it improves input lags a lot that you can feel the difference. Vertex cache should be switched off. Frameskipping should be turned off for less flicker during gameplay. (Might not solve during loading) I played with my wired controller and feels like im playing to PSVITA (except for the touch)(i know is different game but, last time i played is PSVITA version of ProjectDIVA f)
Based on Blyss Sarania PC spec, he has 6-core (i believe he enable multithreading) but I dont think multi-core cpu will help to shorten the lag. (based on his statement)

[add] video gameplay is uploaded. you can see it from my YouTube channel

(Audio was recorded with build-in camera and StereoMix with Audacity. i mixed them in the video editor. dont worry cuz the video editor has wave structure to let me match the sound wave of the mic and stereomix audio at 100% sync)

Unfortunately, i didnt recorded with buffered rendering mode... but, i guess you all could compare and experiment with your own.

My settings:

* I dont think Upscale texture would help better. Is more like make a straight line glows like neon.

Since my pc is stuck in single-core cpu, i disable multithreading. you should enable this if you are using multi-core cpu.
[edit]from my YouTube comment, enabling multithreading makes more lag. i dont think is possible by logic. to make sure, check that I/O in thread is checked. fill up the CPU clock to max, 1000. most pc is 2.0GHz+ so no problem for that. i dont have multithreaded pc for now (well, i do have, Atom N475 but its gpu does not support openGL2.0 so i cannot test it) if still cant, no choice but to not use multithreading (to help better, open task manager, open tab Processes, right click PPSSPP.exe (or similar) then click affinity. select only one core (with hyperthreading cpu, select 2 threads which uses only one core, or try with one thread). with only one core selected, make sure your clock speed is 2.7GHz+ and only used for PPSSPP.

PC spec
AMD Sempron 140 OCed to 3.38GHz (251*13.5)
Sapphire (ATi) Radeon HD 4350 OCed
ASRock N68C-G FX
using build-in audio controller (VIA)
2GB DDR2-668 (4-4-4-12 T2) 1.85V

Gaming input:
Wired XBOX360 Controller

[another tips!] if you are using non-buffered rendering, it will use my gpu rendering at full, right? i tried to set my graphic panel and set to 4x AA and it works, without a slow down (AMD Catalyst Control). Intel and even nVidia should have similar function. but, i can't solve v-sync function, even i force v-sync. so, tearing while gameplay