Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Persona (1) - HD UI
07-28-2020, 02:06 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2020 12:07 PM by ryuubu.)
Persona (1) - HD UI
Finished Persona 3,4 and 5 so wanted to start the original Persona game. Inspired by the recent PC release of 4, I decided the original Persona game deserved some love.

The difficult point that I have is that I need to actually play the game in order to change the textures. So it will get better the more I play.

If anyone has saved games or savestates of places that the textures don't work, please send them to me so I can get to work on them

What is done:

- Managed to get the Persona 3/4 font working.
- All protagonist portraits (that I have encountered so far)
- All fonts (that I have encountered so far)
- All menus (that I have encountered so far)
- All shops (that I have encountered so far)
- Battle UI
- Item and attack icons
- Maps and map elements of Mikage

What I want to do:

- Upscale a few of the 3D dungeon textures
- Upscale movie preview slides
- Redraw some parts of the minor character portraits
- Upscale map icons
- Get some of the fonts looking closer to original
- Do the gambling games
- Brown Portraits

What I probably won't do

- Redraw sprites
- Upscale background elements

Issues:

- There are two text textures that interact strangely. You can see these in some stores where it will say "LV Persona" instead of "Price". Not sure what I'm going to do with that yet

Comparison screenshots below:

[Image: f0CyDmS.gif]
[Image: 5p2FpZL.gif]
[Image: i4nvyhM.gif]
[Image: Rv3lKZa.gif]

More at this album.

What I need help with:
In the velvet room, if you see the following text problem, let me know! I want your saved game of that situation so I can fix it! There are limited situations where this happens in the game so it is possible to get them all!

[Image: EQ9hlq3.jpg]

As I progress through the game, I'll update it. If you have any advice for the game itself let me know; I don't want to miss anything!

Criticism and advice welcome!

DOWNLOAD: https://gofile.io/d/dWW3b7

v1.4 Added more NPC portraits thanks to Fiend. Here are the ones I have now.
v1.3 Added status effect icons and most paralyze portraits (need Reiji) thanks to Fiend
v1.2 Added death portraits
v1.1 Added Reiji, Yuka,endgame clerks and NPCs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2020, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2020 06:10 AM by Fiend.)
RE: Persona (1) - HD UI
DUUUUUUDE you're a GOD, I was legit working on this but it was my first time trying to attempt anything like this, was actually working on it JUST now and then opened the forum and was greeted to this, you did better than I could've done. It looks like you used a different font for the text though, if you want to stay more true to the original I did actually find out what the font is that they used in normal text. Looking for it right now

so the original font for this game's dialogue seems to be a modified version of Rodin, got an example here https://fontworks.co.jp/fontsearch/rodin...%20sealed. I think it's funny as well because I was also planning on just doing the UI also, because I think that's the worst looking part of the game. Never got much work done on it because I've been busy these past couple of weeks, also are you planning on doing a UI pack for Persona 2?

Also here's an in game screenshot for more reference https://imgur.com/d5WDHyh
07-28-2020, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2020 11:52 PM by ryuubu.)
I'll make another font file when I get home as an alternative

I prefer the P4Golden font because that was my debut Persona, but I get ya.

No plans for P2 until at least this one is done.
07-28-2020, 06:57 AM
Sweet man, well anyways, this is some good work and it looks really great. I've been testing it out.
07-28-2020, 07:44 AM
Nice buddy. If you find something that isn't high res send me a save state and I'll fix it.
07-28-2020, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2020 01:35 PM by ryuubu.)
(07-28-2020 06:04 AM)Fiend Wrote:  DUUUUUUDE you're a GOD, I was legit working on this but it was my first time trying to attempt anything like this, was actually working on it JUST now and then opened the forum and was greeted to this, you did better than I could've done. It looks like you used a different font for the text though, if you want to stay more true to the original I did actually find out what the font is that they used in normal text. Looking for it right now

so the original font for this game's dialogue seems to be a modified version of Rodin, got an example here https://fontworks.co.jp/fontsearch/rodin...%20sealed. I think it's funny as well because I was also planning on just doing the UI also, because I think that's the worst looking part of the game. Never got much work done on it because I've been busy these past couple of weeks, also are you planning on doing a UI pack for Persona 2?

Also here's an in game screenshot for more reference https://imgur.com/d5WDHyh

Drag and drop this file overwriting the old fonts to change to that font.

[Image: ezgif-1-5e6553885c54.gif]
07-28-2020, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2020 10:07 PM by Fiend.)
Hey, I've been testing out on a couple more save files, and it seems two other party members that you can get Reiji and Ayase haven't had all of their portraits updated, I can send you the save files where you can get the textures

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/psp/924580...aves/24224 - This one has Reiji in the party.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CzrQ5un...sp=sharing - This one has Ayase in the party.

And I'm pretty sure once those textures are done you'll have all possible party members done.

Also the Rodin font looks awesome!
07-28-2020, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2020 04:15 AM by ryuubu.)
Thanks buddy!

I have updated the file now.

I'm specifically now looking for textures of the characters getting paralyzestatus. I have it for Maki, Masao, Hideheiko and Kei at the moment. I need to get this for other sprites too.

[Image: 5WN2VjB.png]
07-29-2020, 04:23 AM
If you want I could help you try and get them, also would you prefer if I dm'd them to you or something so that we don't flood this thread? lol
07-29-2020, 05:26 AM
Anywhere's fine. Free bumps is fine lol
07-29-2020, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2020 11:49 PM by Ender24.)
I'd be happy to help. In fact, the minute I saw this I got to work on the Agastya Tree. How much are we increasing the resolution by? 2x? 4x? I'll work in 4x for the time being. Lemme know if that's enough.
07-30-2020, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2020 02:43 AM by ryuubu.)
As default most of them are x5! If ya find personas that cause paralyze, take a savestate!