Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021]
12-25-2020, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2020 11:51 PM by flamecrest920.)
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 12/24/2020]
(12-24-2020 08:20 PM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  
(12-21-2020 08:20 PM)flamecrest920 Wrote:  ...

Alright. I made a few adjustments, deletions, and additions. The patch has been updated in the same folder. It includes a shading/coloring adjustment to some textures as well. I wasn't able to test everything since I lack saves for certain events, but I imagine it should be all good. You can check what I included if you want and I can clarify any questions you might have.

Gotcha. I noticed you didn't include the female Orpheus face/harp texture, but saw that you upscaled the hair on the arms/hair texture, and that actually prompted me to essentially redo the face/harp texture again with the same mindset. This time I kept an upscaled version of the female Orpheus face and harp, and didn't miss several metallic parts of the harp that were shared between her and the original Orpheus like last time. The shadows on female Orpheus's body (namely on the yellow-gold areas) came out much more intense that I really would like, so I redid those as well. It should be much cleaner and consistent overall.

As always, I found more to do. Before I look silly working on Christmas Day, I did most of this the same day that you replied haha. I fixed Penthesilea's chest around the steel bra specifically(Portable stretched the texture for some unknown reason?? It didn't affect the size of the texture they used, and Penthesilea doesn't seem any lower poly, so it confuses me), redid Mother Harlot's skull by combining it with an edit of the original skull texture from Daisoujou, and did the same with Titania's wing (which apparently is cropped and shrunken from Pixie. I finished Isis, Io, Lilim, Hokuto Seikun, and Palladion too. I made some corrections to Tartarus and Margaret's fight, and the links are the same as always. Unless I mistakenly missed something, i've merged all of your changes into my stuff btw. Promise i'm paying attentionn.

I've also put up another round of the raw dump folder, if by some miracle I have something new. Only other new thing is that i've begun to specifically arrange unmodified Portable model textures on a character by character basis, so if you want to upscale them, you can do so from scratch without having to search through one of our texture dump folders. (So no PS2 textures, or upscales of ANY kind) Links are exactly the same again, and the arranged and untouched characters are here:

https://mega.nz/folder/OslzTShR#oFcSUwenmFSVk9mFrOYhkg

So much for stopping, I know, I know. At this point, afaik i've made saves for eqch month, so please let me know if you need one to test something in particular. I'm not above sleeping my days away in a NG+ save if it gets us where we need to be. I do hear you when you ask if I have any questions. Most of the time something not being included is pretty straightforward (i.e. Margaret/Elizabeth's eyes simply being the originals blown up to be alongside an uncompressed outfit texture, or gold hair Margaret being built off of the former) Ditto for the old upscales or somewhat mismatched Tartarus applications. To make a blanket statement: I can see a reason behind what you do pretty much all of the time. I think the only headscratcher might be retaining the artbook paintover portrait of the male MC for the New Game menu, but that's minor. Most everything else seems to fall under consistency with Portable (even when inconsistent with it's PS2 counterparts) or scaling/upscaling issues unless i'm mistaken. You're doing great, and i'm glad my constant pour of junk has been of some use. Take care of yourself, and i'll likely still be here nitpick-ily finding things to adjust as we go along.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 12/24/2020] - flamecrest920 - 12-25-2020 11:50 PM