Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021]
10-28-2020, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2020 08:33 PM by BanhCanh.)
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 09/26/2020]
(10-28-2020 03:37 PM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  So I know exactly what the issue is with the alpha channels. The model used (as well as many other models) tends to make the white in the images more light gray. This is also applied to the alpha channels, resulting in the non-transparent areas of the image becoming slightly transparent. Using waifu2x for the alpha channels, this doesn't happen, but the images don't always line up correctly, resulting in some transparent edges or white/black edges. Thankfully, Image Enhancement Utility (IEU) has an option for image postprocessing to make the image or the alpha channel pure white within a threshold, which would help a lot for the less complex alpha channels. Sadly, this doesn't work for just the alpha channel, only for the image alone or image and alpha channel combined. However, a similar operation exists in ImageMagick -white-threshold value{%} but I can't figure out how to use it to turn the alpha channel images in the results folder into pure black and pure white. Do you have any idea of how this would work?

I tried what you said but no matter what I can't make the white part of the alpha channel be -more- white, for some reason it stays near rgb(244,244,244) which is why the transparency goes wrong, I guess.

You can try this with imagemagick: magick convert "D:\input.png" -fuzz 50% -fill white -opaque white "D:\result.png"

I was successfully able to make it pure white with it.
-fuzz is similar to the threshold I think? so you might need to play with it.

I didn't remerge the alpha channel after and I can't fully test everything yet but I would be interested if you can share your result or any new methods. Thanks!

EDIT: I did my test with the alpha channel of an Aegis's portrait, fuzz 7% should be enough in most case
EDIT2: NEVERMIND that, it creates artifact and it looks weird on some textures, it was expected but it can work on some textures.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 09/26/2020] - BanhCanh - 10-28-2020 09:28 PM