Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Community Expansion (WIP) [Updated 12/16/2021]
09-27-2020, 07:54 AM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 09/26/2020]
Hello, I did something similar for the EUR version (I don't own the US version and I am unsure it would work with it). I have around 5K texture dumped but with hash=xxh64 on the EUR version so I don't think it's gonna be compatible with yours.

I tried something with waifu2x(vulkan in my case as I wanted processing speed) and then GigapixelAI. Likewise had issue with the alpha channel not being upscaled and still being low res. That's why I then batch extracted all alpha channel (with imagemagisk), upscaled them (with waifuvulkan CLI) separately then remerged them but the haloing bright edge are still there somehow (I believe it's due to some sharpening applied).. I also noticed GigapixelAI affect the color of the image.

A workaround would be to defringe all blinking textures which I've done with great success but since it cut down a bit the texture it's not a clean way to do it I believe (I did it with Autocrispy without upscaling. I didn't bother finding another way to batch defringe images yet..).

Finally I had some issue with the UI text transparency when upscaling with GigapixelAI too (and I didn't tried DenoiseAI yet, I don't own it). Did you encounter the same issue ?

Thanks for sharing your procedure (i'm going to play around this) Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack Expansion Using AI (WIP) [Updated 09/26/2020] - BanhCanh - 09-27-2020 07:54 AM