Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Google Cardboard settings on a bigger phone
05-28-2020, 05:39 PM
Google Cardboard settings on a bigger phone
I just got a new phone, a xiaomi redmi note 8t, and of course PPSSPP is one of the first apps I installed.
The current playstore version doesn't have the Google cardboard option, I already knew this, so I installed a older version.

But here starts my problem, my new phone is bigger than my older phone, and the X-shift option in Google Cardboard settings doesn't seem to do anything.

I can't get the two screens that make this emulator so much fun in vr glasses to move any closer together.

And even the screen size option in Google Cardboard settings seems to be setup for smaller screens, because the 100% doesn't fill the screen for 100% on this bigger phone.
But on my previous phone, a nokia 6.1, the two screens touched in the middle and reached the full screen on the sides, when set to 100%.

I realize that the google cardboard option is not a priority, I've read https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/11668

But maybe this option is not as popular as it could be because of these problems, kinda like a road with potholes not being used. One could argue that fixing the road is not important because there's hardly anyone using it, but perhaps the potholes are the reason this road is not popular.

And to those that say there's no point to playing games in a vr headset when those games are not true vr games, just big screens, I challenge you to try whipeout pure

I realize that most developers have a lot of work, so I'm not holding my breath, but as we say in dutch , hoop doet leven

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply