Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moving Save Files From Machine to Machine
05-21-2020, 02:24 PM
Moving Save Files From Machine to Machine
Hi!

I looked for this and I found some things that are close but not exact. I want to move my games saves from my tower to my laptop on OSX Mojave. Do I need to move native game saves or PPSSPP save states, will it see them if I move them and where are they/where do they need to go? Having some system resource issues and want to try on another machine.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2020, 04:36 AM
RE: Moving Save Files From Machine to Machine
in your Document folder, you got ppsspp folder and inside it PSP folder
it got few folders, the ones you need is SAVEDATE (for the memstick) and PPSSPP_STATE (for the save states)
but as i know, if you got defferant ppsspp version, you wont be able to open the save stats on the other one, just the save from the memstick
05-29-2020, 02:16 PM
Would I be ok just transferring the entire PPSSPP folder onto a flash drive, then transferring it from the flash drive to the other machine? Or would I have to start everything over if I did that?
05-30-2020, 06:22 PM
(05-29-2020 02:16 PM)Alan Ashe Wrote:  Would I be ok just transferring the entire PPSSPP folder onto a flash drive, then transferring it from the flash drive to the other machine? Or would I have to start everything over if I did that?

the ppsspp folder contains the main program (emulator) but ot the save files, they are located on the My Document folder under PSP folder
06-01-2020, 10:43 AM
Glad I asked (and finally received an answer)
06-12-2020, 12:27 PM
English is difficult for me. Seems like the key of your question is how to move the save files.

The PPSSPP folder does not contain the save files. And the save files are in HIDDEN folders by default settings.

I think the steps should be as followings:

1)Get a PPSSPP in your laptop.

2)Get the ability to check hidden folders. (Click your Terminal in Mac and type: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true;killall Finder)

3)Click as following "finder"-"go to"-"Computer"-"Macintosh HD"-"Users"-Your user name-".config"-"ppsspp"-"SAVEDATA". (My system language is not English, so there might be some small differences.)

4)Move the SAVEDATA folder to the same position of your laptop.

This question is popular. So I think you may need this.
01-14-2024, 10:46 PM
2cloudy, you saved me, thank you so much!

Though, on my Windows 11 computer, the folder "SAVEDATA" was under: "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\PPSSPP\PSP"
02-06-2024, 10:09 PM
Hi,

I have a related question. I want to move save states between PPSSPP running on a windows PC and PPSSPP running on Recalbox for GPI 2W. When moving recalbox->windows, everything works, but when moving windows->recalbox the emulator crashes. I think this might be expected behavious as savestates don't work between releases for different platforms, does anyone have any insight? Thanks for any advice!
02-07-2024, 10:39 PM
I have a related question. Is it possible to move savestates between platforms? I have a windows PC and recalbox on a GPI 2W (linux). Moving savestates from windows to recalbox is fine, but when in reverse the emulator crashes i.e. PPSSPP crashes on linux when opening a windows save state. This might be expected behaviour though after googling it. Does anyone have any insight? All help much appreciated!