Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Windows Controller stops working when game loaded
05-15-2020, 11:21 AM
Windows Controller stops working when game loaded
Hi,

My Windows controller has suddenly stopped working as soon as I load a game - any game. It works fine on the menu to select a game from the recent list, then stops when the game loads.
I have changed no settings in the games or on PPSSPP. The controller is set up for 360 controller. It worked perfectly well until yesterday it stopped working during the middle of a game (Mortal Kombat Unchained).
I am using the latest version of PPSSPP and have tried out the previous version and am having the same problem on that as well.
The controller works fine when I go to calibrate it on both Windows and PPSSPP.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2020, 04:28 PM
RE: Windows Controller stops working when game loaded
The UI uses a more fixed mapping. You can configure the actual control mapping under Settings -> Controls -> Control Mapping.

Just tap the [+] buttons to add additional buttons for anything.

This has happened to me when for example I plug my controller into a second USB port. Annoyingly, Windows detects it as a "second" controller and it's considered a new controller by everything - even other games. I end up having to remap it everywhere or plug it into the original slot.

-[Unknown]
05-17-2020, 06:12 AM
RE: Windows Controller stops working when game loaded
(05-16-2020 04:28 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  The UI uses a more fixed mapping. You can configure the actual control mapping under Settings -> Controls -> Control Mapping.

Just tap the [+] buttons to add additional buttons for anything.

This has happened to me when for example I plug my controller into a second USB port. Annoyingly, Windows detects it as a "second" controller and it's considered a new controller by everything - even other games. I end up having to remap it everywhere or plug it into the original slot.

-[Unknown]

Perfect. Thank you.