Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mana Khemia Crashes button?
11-27-2014, 05:29 PM
Mana Khemia Crashes button?
Hello guys i have a problem with mana Khemia,thing is that when i kill a boss in some part very far of the game when you win it sopose to give you an item and the normal stuff,Triangle to show items earned and Cross to Skip and quit the winner screen.When i reach that i press Cross button but nothing hapens i mean triangle button works just fine but cross one doesn't seems to work at all.The game has tiny bugs like when enemies hits the cat girl when she get hit it shows a small bug near her,and the other bugs i found so far it those tiny vertical lines in texts,the last one when the emulation starts i hear,who are you? and a screen pop out and disapear fast showing Loaing....I hope you can fix this because i played too long and i enjoy the game,so sad that i don't have a psp and in Vita i don't think it's going to work so good like this emulator.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2014, 06:03 PM
RE: Mana Khemia Crashes button?
Try the following:

1. Download the latest git build on the downloads page (near the bottom of the page.)
2. Save ingame and load using the ingame save. Don't use a savestate.
3. In your settings, turn off "lazy texture hashing". This will cause a small reduction in performance.
4. In your settings, turn off "vertex cache". This may cause a larger reduction in performance.
5. Make sure you try X and O and check your controller / button configuration.

This should improve at least some of the problems you mentioned. The "vertical lines" are probably caused by using a setting like texture scaling or > 1x PSP render resolution.

-[Unknown]
11-27-2014, 09:59 PM
Thanks i will try it,i pass that boss but some very bad textures were there,i restore the emulator settings and all fine.Now,i find out another boss and he's in the same place it's just diferent boss and when i beat him same bug happen,no matter how many times i hit Cross button it doesn't do anything,i will try this and let you know.PD:I downloaded Mana Khemia 2 but it looks awful,too blurry and i didn't change anything,wil you fix it in the future?.Thanks for let me know a fix.
11-27-2014, 11:22 PM
Haven't tried Mana Khemia 2 on PSP, don't have it. If we can find out the problem we'll probably fix it, but it'll probably require a bunch of testing and stuff from someone who does have the game.

I do want to note that if by "downloaded" you mean "didn't purchase", you really ought to purchase your games. Legal matters aside (not dismissing them), games like Mana Khemia will *definitely* go away if people stop buying them. I'm not necessarily suggesting you should get poor ports (I'm not very happy with the Mana Khemia 1 PSP port, although I did purchase it hoping it would be good), but just that buying games you play is the only way to ensure they continue to exist. Or we'll just end up with a bunch of Final Fantasy XIVs, FarmVilles, and Mario Karts that people do pay for.

-[Unknown]
11-28-2014, 12:27 AM
I don't own a psp and my ps2 is dead,even if it's still alive it's very expensive in my country buying an original game so no i didn't buy the game and let be serious,the game or saga is dead so far is not my fault that i want to play it now or i discovered that the game is good many many years after the release,if the game is from this year i understand how you feel but the saga is dead and im playing it on a emulator because i have a Vita and not a psp.
11-28-2014, 04:30 PM
I did tried what you mention but still nothing but i guess i will not get more help since i have a pirated game of 6 years old right?.
11-28-2014, 08:47 PM
The series is definitely not dead; technically Mana Khemia is in the Atelier series (it is "Project A9", Eternal Mana is "A6", etc.) and they are still making games in the series for the PS3 and Vita. Mana Khemia 2 for the PS2 sold decently, a bit less than the PS3 Atelier games. The handheld versions have not sold all that well (but Mana Khemia 1 PSP was not a great port imho, ironically it is one of the better selling of the few handheld releases the series has had, very unfortunately...)

I'm not sure what country you're in, but I've heard a popular tactic is buying PSN codes from another country (such as the US) and then purchasing the game on the PSN store in that country. I don't know the legality of this and won't try to comment on it, and afaik it won't let you play the game from PSN anyway, but from an economic perspective it seems like a way to at least exert your buying power.

I'm sorry to hear the prices in your country are overly expensive; I know this is true of many countries, and I'm not trying to judge you. I'm just saying that buying power is an important thing. I liked Mana Khemia and I don't want to see games like it die out. They already don't always sell well enough to get localization deals or even sequels when they are released.

I don't have the sequel for the PSP so I don't know what's up with it, but I'm sure that the graphical glitches were caused by lazy texture caching in the first game.

-[Unknown]
11-29-2014, 11:32 AM
Good morning.....well in my country hahaha.Hey i searched in Store and i found MANA KHEMIA 1!!!!!!!!! i will buy it later but i would like to fix this to play it on 1920x1080 and when im down or out i keep playing it on my vita XD.What a nice game,i did always wanted to play it on Pcsx2 but it requires a wild pc,others say that doesn't need a powefull pc but i guess it's my video card,Zotac Gtx 460 "768mb" that kill many things.Thanks in advance and if you find a solution let me know if if there's another new version and maybe can fix that issue.
11-29-2014, 02:00 PM
Ok i think is something with the controller buttons options but i have my doubts if it is something messed up with jump start option but now i have no voices hahaha.I let you know if it is that option or just the controller option.
11-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Now with voices on i find out that it works perfectly so that doesn't seems to be the problem,i think it has something with fast skip winner screen because i did it fast i didn't see it and it pass the winner screen,if this happens again either is that or jump start files in memstick,now i have only two options,i let you know that during gameplay to let you know that and to get it fixed in newest version.By the way,the game is not expensive,well i live in Argentina and USA bucks are like 8.8 i think but it's like 120$ in my country and the game fucking worth that money,even if i have a pirated copy on pc i will get it for my vita.
11-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Hmm, right, I think I have not tried Jump Start with PPSSPP.

For me PPSSPP crashes creating the jump start data. So, there might be some bugs here, hmm.

-[Unknown]
12-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Maybe is that i tought it was that too but i passed that boss just pressing fast or skiping the winner screen fast,you will find out the problem sooner don't worry.I bought a psn card i will get the game on my vita aswell but now i need more money so i will sell that unused code for now but i will get the game,i love it so bad,i wish i can play the game on Pcsx2 but my pc is not trong enough yet and like i mention before my ps2 is dead,but hey,i have Rockman Rockman on PPSSPP so with that and some more like Silent Hill Origins i will be fine hahaha.Thank you man for the repply is very nice to meet people like you being so nice with others.
05-16-2020, 03:24 PM
Its a bug with PPSSPP.. I've tried this game on Retropie 4.6 and Windows and it breaks then.

But i have tried this on Jpcsp and it got past that scene.. So defo a bug with the Emulator.

I've gotten past that point and saved the game before transferring my file back.

Unsure whats caused it as this is 2 different systems.

One was keyboard based another controller.. So can't be that.

Changed the settings mentioned above.. made no difference and Jump Start is off.

So no idea.
05-16-2020, 06:47 PM
Can you upload save data (NOT a save state) near the boss/crash? I definitely haven't played through this full game on the PSP - played it on the PS2.

-[Unknown]