Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fonts are too big for some games
01-27-2020, 08:52 PM
Fonts are too big for some games
I use PPSSPP 1.9.4 on Android, ad it's been working pretty well so far; compatibility is almost 100% with everything I've tried, and there are plenty of settings to tweak if stuff goes wrong; it's very possible to fix lag by simply changing settings. Nice, clean UI as well. But, there is one thing I'm curious about.
I tried Jeanne D'Arc, and the fonts were too big, so big the game couldn't spit out one sentence without it being split into two or three dialogue bubbles. Naturally, this made the story almost impossible to comprehend, so I looked online to see if any patches existed which might fix this. I found out that this is a game that used the PSP's built-in fonts, and thus the problem didn't lie in the game itself, but with PPSSPP and its fonts. I later encountered the same problem with EXIT, although that game has nothing ultimately necessary to the game in its text, except for some tutorial stuff that extended off the screen's right side.
Are there any plans to fix the fonts soon? Is it possible to fix this myself? This isn't a major issue, but it seems like it wouldn't be too hard to fix, but then, I'm no programmer either. Thanks for reading!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply