Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Program PPSSPP for TWO copies to play multiplayer on ONE PC WITHOUT network?
01-14-2020, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2020 07:58 AM by DrAllo.)
Program PPSSPP for TWO copies to play multiplayer on ONE PC WITHOUT network?
Is there someone out there who has the knowledge or capability to program PPSSPP to allow connection of two instances of the program on ONE PC to connect to each other without using IP addresses/network?

I find that even with the versions that people have released to allow two instances to connect through the localhost, it still occasionally disconnects and is very unreliable. Is there a way to bypass the IP address requirements altogether? Or even program a version of PPSSPP that automatically starts two instances up that are already connected together, so you only have to run one program? That would be amazing - I’d even be happy to pay for something like that!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2020, 08:24 AM
RE: Program PPSSPP for TWO copies to play multiplayer on ONE PC WITHOUT network?
which game will disconnects?
01-14-2020, 02:50 PM
RE: Program PPSSPP for TWO copies to play multiplayer on ONE PC WITHOUT network?
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
01-15-2020, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2020 03:31 PM by AdamN.)
(01-14-2020 02:50 PM)DrAllo Wrote:  Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max

Have you tried this test build http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...#pid135748
it have improved compatibility

Btw the main issue isn't because of network, but because of adhoc implementation was based on an old (and buggy/unfinished) aemu project

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
01-21-2020, 08:58 AM
Yep. Tried that build and it’s the same as before. Hard to connect in the first place, and still drops occasionally after connecting.

I also can’t play two players through keyboard because the keys don’t pass through both instances of PPSSPP, but only the active window.

Would be amazing if someone could program a copy of PPSSPP that could internally run two copies of the game by itself and link the two copies without a network. Then we would have reliable connection, as well as ability for keyboard to control both instances. Would be perfect for most fighting games like Alpha 3 Max or Tekken 6.