Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Distorted Audio/Crackling for Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
10-22-2019, 07:21 AM
Distorted Audio/Crackling for Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
If it matters, I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (SM-T580) and using the latest nightly build as of this post. v1.9.3-91-ge09296b9b (Android)

This issue does occur on the Play Store version as well.

I registered just to say this since it took me a while to troubleshoot this issue and I found nothing online anywhere about it.

So I set audio latency to low for Disgaea and most of my other games I play, with no issues that I have noticed. I can play the game just fine with it on low and all is good. But upon exiting the game to play something else or just in general, I come back to this awful audio crackling and distortion of all sounds when I reset. Doesn't matter if I load a save state or not.

The fix is to merely set it back to medium. But you have to exit the game fully, it doesn't fix itself instantly.

I drove myself a little insane trying to figure out what the deal was. I had just finished trying to get another game working before discovering this, so I had changed a lot of settings in between. After changing and testing many settings I narrowed it down to audio latency.

Anyways. Whether it helps anyone or not, it does seem like a bug? Not sure, I'm just glad I figured it out and thought I would share.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply