Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hot Shots (Everybody's) Tennis: Get a Grip
10-27-2019, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2019 08:56 PM by Sablicious.)
RE: Hot Shots (Everybody's) Tennis: Get a Grip
^ Whoa!... The advice listed on that video actually got the JPCSP working via the loop-back method on one PC! Thanks!

The only thing I still cannot get to work is LAN between two, local PC's... If it works via the 127.0.0.1 IP, should it not work across the 192.168.0.x / LAN too? ? Are there any other configuration settings that need changing in order for it to connect in LAN? I've got many other games that work in LAN -- only JPCSP seems to have the problem...

Another thing I just noticed: When I play on a Windows 7 computer, the controls schemes automatically assign to the correct instances of the emulators running (according to control configurations), and irrespective of which window is active. However, on Window 10, the controls only recognise the active window -- making multiplayer on one PC impossible (using Windows 10). Is there a reason why this inconsistency would be happening...? ?

--UPDATE--

Okay... I've found a pretty good method for playing 'local' multiplayer using JPCSP -- using the "Extend" function on one's PC monitor. In other words, I'm hooking my PC up to another monitor / T.V., connecting two JPCSP's (Server/Client) via the loop-back IP method, then "extending" the display to the secondary monitor. From here, I drag, say, player-2's game window over to the extended display -- resizing is as necessary -- and then play! In this configuration, it's arguably even better than LAN -- in that, there is next to zero latency, as well the set-up requiring only a single PC to accomplish (*it can be done "portably" / on the go).

Now, as for the controllers, the initial issue I had -- whereby, the game would not recognise inputs unless focused upon -- seems to have been rectified. I simply connect an Xbox360 gamepad (wireless) to player-1 side, and an Xbox One gamepad (wireless) for player-2 (configuring the respective emulators' input plugins accordingly) -- this seems to automatically discriminate the emulator instances, and irrespective of which window is focused upon.

Also, I had an issue with Windows 10, with the emulator window lacking a title bar -- making it a nightmare to try to arrange the emulators as required (for 'local' MP play). However, I have found a work-around, by simply hitting F12 and leaving the "Settings" window open (and then minimising it). This makes the title bar appear above the emulator window, allowing for dragging and manual resizing.

So, at time of typing, all is good: I can play Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip (one of the best tennis games in existence, IMHO) in multiplayer! ?☺? The only thing that would improve the experience would be for the more ergonomic PPSSPP emulator to support multiplayer as JPCSP does (*the host won't enter the lobby "room" with HS Tennis). Figuring out how LAN works, would also be a goal...

NB: I will test multiplayer more extensively over the coming weekend (for stability etc.) and report back any relevant findings. FYI, it's worked fine in the few hours of testing I undertook on my own (without playing the game per se).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hot Shots (Everybody's) Tennis: Get a Grip - Sablicious - 10-27-2019 08:46 AM