Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NesterJ too fast and choppy!
09-03-2019, 12:51 PM
NesterJ too fast and choppy!
I want to be able to run NesterJ and SNES9x on PPSSPP so I can have equal emulation for both systems across my Windows PCs, my PSPs, and my Android phone and tablet. I'm specifically using NesterJ 1.13 beta 2 and uoSNES9x 0.02y33+Ruka0032 as those versions match the signed versions I use on my PSPs (I keep my PSPs on OFW. I just want it that way.)

SNES9x runs fine under PPSSPP, but like the thread title says, NesterJ is too fast and too choppy to put up with!

I attached my PPSSPP config to this post. What am I doing wrong, and can anyone help me to fix NesterJ?

Attached File(s)
.zip  ppsspp.zip (Size: 2.81 KB / Downloads: 281)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2019, 09:37 AM
RE: NesterJ too fast and choppy!
Why would you want to do that tho? It is much more convenient to just use separate emulators than trying to emulate em on PPSSPP. No wonder NesterJ performs like shit.
09-06-2019, 09:01 PM
@olddos25:
Again, so I can have equal emulation for both systems across my Windows PCs, my PSPs, and my Android phone and tablet. I know it's weird, but that's how I want it.

I ditched 1.13 beta 2 and went with 1.12 RX instead. Now NesterJ runs just fine. Granted, I had to temporarily mod my PSP in order to unsign 1.12 RX so it could run in PPSSPP, but at least now I don't have any more issues.

P.S. If anyone here wants the unsigned version of 1.12 RX that I created for themselves, just post in here saying so and I'll provide a download...
09-07-2019, 06:00 PM
I recommend that you instead get a separate emulator. You can't expect installing a module inside another module, and trust that the one inside will work just like you wanted, because that module wasn't made to be inside it.

TL;DR: The performance/graphical impact of emulating on a emulator is not worth it on the long run, and you're better off getting the separate emulators, or using RetroArch.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2019, 09:15 AM
@AkiraJkr:
*sigh* All right, I ditched my previous concept and just got separate emulators for each OS. I'm keeping NesterJ and uoSNES9x for PSP as they were, but I now have FCEUX and SNES9x for Windows, and John NESS (a hybrid NES/SNES emulator) for Android.