Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
PPSSPP Mac Wineskin Port (Updated)+(Tutorial)
05-02-2013, 05:22 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 05:27 AM by xZabuzax.)
RE: PPSSPP Mac Wineskin Port (Updated)+(Tutorial)
This looks interesting, is this mac wrapper/port better than the SDL OS X build from angelXwind?

I'm assuming this port is better since you basically use the "official" latest windows version which means it should have more feature over the "unofficial" mac builds in the other thread, but i might be wrong. I would like to test it but sadly i don't have a mac.

So is this mac port better than the other "unofficial" build in this thread? http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=1826

[CPU]: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
[GPU]: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
[PSU]: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 1000W (80 Plus Gold)
[RAM]: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
[MOBO]: MSI Z97-GAMING 5
[PC CASE]: ENERMAX Ostrog GT (Red)
[CPU FAN]: Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 06:17 PM
(05-02-2013 05:22 AM)xZabuzax Wrote:  This looks interesting, is this mac wrapper/port better than the SDL OS X build from angelXwind?

I'm assuming this port is better since you basically use the "official" latest windows version which means it should have more feature over the "unofficial" mac builds in the other thread, but i might be wrong. I would like to test it but sadly i don't have a mac.

So is this mac port better than the other "unofficial" build in this thread? http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=1826

well i tested some of it but not angelxwind because i didn't know how to use it some of them are limited no full screen and lack of speed, my port run the windows version on mac as its actually running on windows full speed same bugs as the windows but didn't test any controller with it also fullscreen work and all option work.
05-02-2013, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 06:55 PM by xZabuzax.)
(05-02-2013 06:17 PM)Assassin96 Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 05:22 AM)xZabuzax Wrote:  This looks interesting, is this mac wrapper/port better than the SDL OS X build from angelXwind?

well i tested some of it but not angelxwind because i didn't know how to use it some of them are limited no full screen and lack of speed, my port run the windows version on mac as its actually running on windows full speed same bugs as the windows but didn't test any controller with it also fullscreen work and all option work.

So this wrapper/port is the same as using the latest windows version then, this is good news for mac users.

I'm surprised this thread don't have more views or comment in it, your port should also be included in the download page of the MacOS X builds in http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html

[CPU]: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
[GPU]: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
[PSU]: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 1000W (80 Plus Gold)
[RAM]: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
[MOBO]: MSI Z97-GAMING 5
[PC CASE]: ENERMAX Ostrog GT (Red)
[CPU FAN]: Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO
05-02-2013, 07:34 PM
(05-02-2013 06:51 PM)xZabuzax Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 06:17 PM)Assassin96 Wrote:  

So this wrapper/port is the same as using the latest windows version then, this is good news for mac users.

I'm surprised this thread don't have more views or comment in it, your port should also be included in the download page of the MacOS X builds in http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html
ThanksSmile i actually tested a windows version that support videos and sound in game some game worked perfectly with all sound working but its still unofficial build with tons of bugs.
05-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Thanks for this and I'am using this!

PC specs
CPU = Intel Core i5 10500
GPU = Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660
Storage = 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 2TB HDD
RAM = 16GB DDR4
OS = Windows 11

Mobile Devices
Xiaomi Mi11
CPU = Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
GPU = Adreno 660
RAM = 8GB
Storage = 256GB
OS = Android 12
05-12-2013, 07:28 PM
(05-11-2013 09:50 AM)takeshineale88 Wrote:  Thanks for this and I'am using this!

Thanks, Good to know that some people are using it Big Grin
09-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Hi! it worked perfectly for hours (up until half the game!)... then... BLACK SCREEN! Anybody know how to fix that?
I want to go on ç__ç
10-02-2013, 07:42 PM
(09-25-2013 07:49 PM)koume86 Wrote:  Hi! it worked perfectly for hours (up until half the game!)... then... BLACK SCREEN! Anybody know how to fix that?
I want to go on ç__ç

Its really weird, i can say maybe your game is not fully playable?? Cause i didn't get this problem. Undecided
11-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Hey, I was wondering if someone can help me? I installed PPSSPP following the instructions on the video and it worked just fine the first couple of times I booted it but now it keeps closing a second after I click on it.. Any ideas?

Cheers
12-10-2013, 07:24 PM
For anyone having trouble with this, try downloading Wine 1.6-rc5. That's the version of Wine I use and I have been running the latest windows versions of PPSSPP through my mac (I'm 10.6.8) with it. It has been running basically flawlessly with this version of Wine for the almost 2 months I've been using it.

After you download the latest PPSSPP build, just open the PPSSPPexe with Wine and and you're good to go. It works right out of the box. Smile
01-06-2015, 05:15 PM
does the old port support Playstation or Xbox controllers???