Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ppsspp darkstalkers on android
03-20-2019, 05:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2019 05:53 AM by Rekrul.)
RE: Ppsspp darkstalkers on android
(03-18-2019 03:14 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Fun part is that it was you who jumped on bandwagon of people who were writing nonsense and couldn't read exact same info which [Unknown] posted here which I posted in that thread before being forced to defend my points against mindless mass of "we spam hard so we must be right even through we don't know a damn and write made up shit like it was facts to enforce our way" kind of mob.

1. You never once posted a single word saying that leaving the read to memory option in the code complicated the development of the rest of the emulator. You posted a couple of times that it didn't render the game correctly, which seemed to be your number one complaint about it, and that it could cause crashes when it was used, but you never offered any explanation whatsoever for why it had to be removed from the code, rather than just leaving it in and letting people take their chances with it. If I'm wrong about this, please point out exactly where in the thread you said anything to the effect of "The code for that hack caused problems in other parts of the emulator even when not enabled." Anyone else can jump in here as well to point this stuff out to me. The thread is here;

https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php...271&page=3

2. I posted a fairly mild criticism of your attitude as I perceived it and you called me an idiot. You also called the people who used the read to memory option to play Darkstalkers as being "desperate".

(03-18-2019 03:14 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Overall I'm a calm person, but I loose my temper easily around lazy ass people that victimize themselves to be seen as the rightful side, exactly why I stop caring about trying to solve the issue here despite having some ideas to start with and also why I don't care about opinions of people like Rekrul

When I posted about using the mouse to simulate the face button presses, you immediately took an adversarial tone;

Quote:...definitely wouldn't have fun trying to use mouse to simulating a press of 4 face buttons as that just sucks to anyone which actually is used to real PC shooters.

Quote:I never tested that and might not bother since I consider playing games with no analog support whatsoever with a mouse somewhere between complete lack of fun and masochism and I really only like using mouse when game is modded with boosted analog accuracy and real analog patch that supports full range of analog and removes acceleration

Quote:I totally not going to read a wall of text...

Is using a mouse to press the buttons as good as using as using a real analog patch? No. But it's better than just telling people "Sure using the buttons sucks, but if you don't like it, just don't play the game."

(03-18-2019 03:14 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  through in opposite of him doing absolutely no real work despite claiming to "love" the project I did a lot by just liking PPSSPP

So the fact that I never learned C++ proves that I don't really care about this emulator? Do you expect me to start pulling code changes out of thin air? Exactly how much time should I devote to learning C++ from absolute scratch and understanding the source code so that I can begin fixing problems that others have been working on for years in order to prove that I care?

(03-18-2019 03:14 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  which happened to include opening his issue(oh irony) on github, investigating it myself and providing self build with an option to tweak how mouse behaves when translated to buttons which has more issues than what he thought of.

And yet surprisingly other programs handle it OK. I know you'll probably instantly dismiss this, but have two routines, one for translating mouse movements into analog stick movements and one for translating mouse or analog stick movements into button presses. Presto, no more need to try and figure out how to adapt the analog translation routine to every situation. OK, I'm ready, tell me I'm an idiot and that I don't know what I'm talking about...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Ppsspp darkstalkers on android - viprit - 03-11-2019, 07:13 AM
RE: Ppsspp darkstalkers on android - Rekrul - 03-20-2019 05:18 AM