Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP 1.7.4 Crashes Untold Legends 2
02-06-2019, 04:20 PM
PPSSPP 1.7.4 Crashes Untold Legends 2
Hey, while playing Untold Legends 2 Warriors Code, after beating the last level of second chapter (Deathguard) and returning to outpost, to talk with NPC about the next objectives, the emulator crashes on loading screen. I tried, to enable or disable every possible option in the emulator i also tried, to change the driver, but nothing worked i resolved the problem, by moving saves, to the older version of the emulator (PPSSPP 1.6.3) and everything works great, Game no longer crashes anymore, when loading the third chapter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2019, 10:06 AM
RE: PPSSPP 1.7.4 Crashes Untold Legends 2
Hm, that's not good news. Could you post the savegame to make the error easier for others to reproduce?
02-07-2019, 03:37 PM
(02-07-2019 10:06 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Hm, that's not good news. Could you post the savegame to make the error easier for others to reproduce?
Ohhh snap, i overwrited it, but im currently playing the third episode, maybe when i complete it the bug would appear again. Sorry didn't really thought that trough.
02-14-2019, 04:11 PM
(02-07-2019 03:37 PM)Luktom100 Wrote:  
(02-07-2019 10:06 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Hm, that's not good news. Could you post the savegame to make the error easier for others to reproduce?
Ohhh snap, i overwrited it, but im currently playing the third episode, maybe when i complete it the bug would appear again. Sorry didn't really thought that trough.

I Almost completed the game, there is no traces of any critical errors during gameplay, like the one before, but i noticed, that the emulator dosent play any cinematics, which are available in "Extras" submenu, there is just a black screen, nothing happens and the game freezes, so you need to restart the emulator.
02-18-2019, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2019 03:55 PM by Luktom100.)
Ok, now i know for 100% It has to do something with the FMV. I beat the whole game, and after last conversation with king Azran a Black screen appears (There should be an FMV there). Heres the save state, from the last boss fight, after that approach King Azran for the last conversation and you will encounter the bug.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bp7x6vjy9...0.zip/file
02-19-2019, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2019 08:58 AM by Abbanon.)
Luktom100 Wrote:I Almost completed the game, there is no traces of any critical errors during gameplay, like the one before, but i noticed, that the emulator dosent play any cinematics, which are available in "Extras" submenu, there is just a black screen, nothing happens and the game freezes, so you need to restart the emulator.

Ok, now i know for 100% It has to do something with the FMV. I beat the whole game, and after last conversation with king Azran a Black screen appears (There should be an FMV there). Heres the save state, from the last boss fight, after that approach King Azran for the last conversation and you will encounter the bug.

Some games have issues with running FMV sequences, and the current fix for that is changing the I/O Timing Method to "Host (Bugs, less lag)" in Settings > System.

Come and join the official PPSSPP Discord server:
https://discord.gg/5NJB6dD
02-22-2019, 04:16 PM
(02-19-2019 08:58 AM)Abbanon Wrote:  
Luktom100 Wrote:I Almost completed the game, there is no traces of any critical errors during gameplay, like the one before, but i noticed, that the emulator dosent play any cinematics, which are available in "Extras" submenu, there is just a black screen, nothing happens and the game freezes, so you need to restart the emulator.

Some games have issues with running FMV sequences, and the current fix for that is changing the I/O Timing Method to "Host (Bugs, less lag)" in Settings > System.

I did that and i still experience issues with cutscenes.