Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting crazy with God of War: Ghost of Sparta's Thera place
12-01-2018, 01:26 AM
Tongue Getting crazy with God of War: Ghost of Sparta's Thera place
Hi guys,
I know it's an old problem but even though i am/was using Xpadder (pad got detected) and Antimicro (didn't detect my pad) I cannot pass this stage. After 3 hrs of trying many things (also old saves found online) I am begging you to post the link NOT of saves made in game but created by PPSSPP emulator (PPSSPP_STATE). Then I could continue to this amazing adventure. Too bad I am having this problem. Is that a fault of the controller, game or PPSSPP?

Thank you very much for your help (and don't buy NES30 PRO GAMER CONTROLLER if you don't want to have this problem).

HeartHeartHeartAngel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2018, 02:02 AM
RE: Getting crazy with God of War: Ghost of Sparta's Thera place
Which PPSSPP version are you using? Official 1.7 or 1.7.1? Because those are known to have some controller input issues for some users.
Try the latest Dev build from https://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php?m=fulllist
Also some programs have native controller support and can cause issues with other things when you're using gamepads, such as Steam. Make sure Steam isn't running in the background if you have it.

Come and join the official PPSSPP Discord server:
https://discord.gg/5NJB6dD
12-01-2018, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2018 02:56 PM by nintendo94.)
RE: Getting crazy with God of War: Ghost of Sparta's Thera place
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I am\was using official 1.7.1.

After your suggestion I've downloaded newest Dev build but also it didn't help. Then I got creative idea to install PPSSPP on my Galaxy S7 and to copy there PPSSPP_STATE saves. On my mobile everything worked slow but fine enough to go further. So I passed that moment in the game, saved again and copied files back to my computer. Now I've stuck with Kraken, 10 minutes later in game, with the same movement issue ;P
Probably I'll deal with it the same way.

The only thing which I've noticed is when I now loose in game, it's showing black screen and it is not loading anything - last saves/checkpoint (from game) and I have to use those created by PPSSPP emu (which is not a big deal to me). Also after creating a new save point in game it won't work (but only from PPSSPP as I wrote before). I think it's somehow caused by what I wrote above.

Anyway - THANKS PPSSPP team for this amazing emulator!!!

(12-01-2018 11:05 AM)nintendo94 Wrote:  Then I got creative idea to install PPSSPP on my Galaxy S7 and to copy there PPSSPP_STATE saves. On my mobile everything worked slow but fine enough to go further. So I passed that moment in the game, saved again and copied files back to my computer. Now I've stuck with Kraken, 10 minutes later in game, with the same movement issue ;P

One more thing - becasue I think it will be useful for some people in a future. It's also important to use the SAME version on PPSSPP on both devices. Otherwise you will have some error mistake and emulator won't read the ppsspp_state save (at least I had it just now).

P.S. I had no problem to pass Kraken this way also Tongue