Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Android Build Progress
04-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Android Build Progress
Hey...I just recently moved to android and realised that there isn't s thread for the android build. I had an iPhone 5 previously and the ios version was amazing. Any chance the android one can be updated with the sound and jit working? That would be amazing with the new hardware of android devices.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2013, 01:49 PM
RE: Android Build Progress
I was under the impression that sound and definitely jit worked just as well on Android already.

Unless you have an x86 Android device.

-[Unknown]
04-08-2013, 02:52 PM
(04-08-2013 01:49 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I was under the impression that sound and definitely jit worked just as well on Android already.

-[Unknown]

Nah I haven't got x86. Is there a chance to get an auto update type of thing similar to angels for ios. Would be good to get sound working as well as the other improvements made on ios
04-08-2013, 03:58 PM
(04-08-2013 02:52 PM)theCreed Wrote:  
(04-08-2013 01:49 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I was under the impression that sound and definitely jit worked just as well on Android already.

-[Unknown]

Nah I haven't got x86. Is there a chance to get an auto update type of thing similar to angels for ios. Would be good to get sound working as well as the other improvements made on ios

with every new release for windows, there is new build for android too. Go to download page of ppsspp.org and scroll to end of page. you will find the answer
04-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Here's a link for easy access http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html#devbuilds
04-11-2013, 11:04 AM
thanks for sending me the link of the builds Smile but im a little confused...some of the settings dont seem to effect the framerate (but they did on ios). for example, use steam VBO and fast mem dont seem to effect the framefrate at all. it plays full frames when i load up a game...theres an event...then when i regain control of character the framerate is very low. any ideas?
04-16-2013, 04:36 PM
(04-11-2013 11:04 AM)theCreed Wrote:  thanks for sending me the link of the builds Smile but im a little confused...some of the settings dont seem to effect the framerate (but they did on ios). for example, use steam VBO and fast mem dont seem to effect the framefrate at all. it plays full frames when i load up a game...theres an event...then when i regain control of character the framerate is very low. any ideas?

What kind of android device is it?