Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Star Ocean: First Departure sprite transparency
07-12-2018, 12:50 AM
Star Ocean: First Departure sprite transparency
Game: Star Ocean First Departure
Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab 9.7 SM-T813
Version: 1.6.3
Error: Character sprites are always on top of the background, even when it should be behind the background (see attachment).

I have changed every setting one at a time, and found no combination that changes this. I did not have this issue on my NVidia Shield tablet (2015), but unfortunately that died on me for good last month. Is there a solution for this problem?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2018, 01:51 AM
RE: Star Ocean: First Departure sprite transparency
Use the latest git, it should work fine on your device. v1.6.3 has a bug for OpenGL, and lacks a workaround for a driver bug on Vulkan.

-[Unknown]
07-12-2018, 03:23 PM
(07-12-2018 01:51 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Use the latest git, it should work fine on your device. v1.6.3 has a bug for OpenGL, and lacks a workaround for a driver bug on Vulkan.

-[Unknown]

Thanks a ton for the info!
07-12-2018, 06:36 PM
(07-12-2018 01:51 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Use the latest git, it should work fine on your device. v1.6.3 has a bug for OpenGL, and lacks a workaround for a driver bug on Vulkan.

-[Unknown]

Sorry for the double post. I downloaded the latest GIT and installed it (after uninstalling my old version since it wouldn't just update the install) and I had the same problem, loading the game fresh and going through the opening cutscenes (in case the save state was "corrupted" by the old data). I suppose I shall wait for a stable release to start my quest into Star Ocean. MAybe I'll get a PSP to play it on... Tongue But thank you again for your helpful response, Unknown.
07-13-2018, 05:07 AM
Try switching between Vulkan and OpenGL - I think it will default to Vulkan on your device, maybe the driver bugs are worse on your older 7.x OS version than on 8.1 where the workaround was tested.

-[Unknown]