Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Squared Glitches in Opengl
07-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Squared Glitches in Opengl
Hi i encountered strange graphical gltiches in Opengl mode. It happens in every game i try and it has something to do with hardware transformation, becouse when i turn it off, this problem dissapears, but FPS gets much lower When i try to switch, to D3d 9 everything works great, but i really want to play games in OpenGL mode, becouse of the cool shader effects. Note, that i also tried older version of PPSSPP without success

[attachment=16364]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2018, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2018 03:15 AM by Asferot.)
RE: Squared Glitches in Opengl
What are you running it on? What GPU?

Also. Shaders work on other backends too. Like Vulkan. Which is the fastest backend.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
07-07-2018, 11:21 AM
(07-07-2018 03:15 AM)Asferot Wrote:  What are you running it on? What GPU?

Also. Shaders work on other backends too. Like Vulkan. Which is the fastest backend.

Im running it on AMD A6-3400M APU, with Radeon HD graphics 1.40 GHZ and 4GB RAM. Is Vulkan Support also for PC? Becouse i cant find Vulkan option in the latest builds
07-07-2018, 01:48 PM
(07-07-2018 11:21 AM)Luktom100 Wrote:  
(07-07-2018 03:15 AM)Asferot Wrote:  What are you running it on? What GPU?

Im running it on AMD A6-3400M APU, with Radeon HD graphics 1.40 GHZ and 4GB RAM. Is Vulkan Support also for PC? Becouse i cant find Vulkan option in the latest builds

Looking trough supported hardware lists, it looks like your PC does not support Vulkan.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
07-07-2018, 07:15 PM
Could you try exporting a GE debugger dump?

To do this, open the game and select Debug -> GE debugger..., then when it's displaying the scene, press Record in the top right. After a second or so, it'll finish and save a trace of the drawing activity.

After that, check the memstick/PSP/SYSTEM/DUMP folder and it'll have created a file named something like "ULES12345_0000.ppdmp". You can zip that and then drag and drop it into a reply here.

-[Unknown]
07-07-2018, 08:12 PM
(07-07-2018 07:15 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Could you try exporting a GE debugger dump?

To do this, open the game and select Debug -> GE debugger..., then when it's displaying the scene, press Record in the top right. After a second or so, it'll finish and save a trace of the drawing activity.

After that, check the memstick/PSP/SYSTEM/DUMP folder and it'll have created a file named something like "ULES12345_0000.ppdmp". You can zip that and then drag and drop it into a reply here.

-[Unknown]

Here you go a zipped file with the same bug.
[attachment=16365]
07-08-2018, 07:10 PM
Hmm.. unfortunately, something seems wrong with that dump. Can you try again? It might help to click "Record" multiple times, and zip up the largest file. Sorry for the trouble - haven't seen this before, it's probably a bug in recording.

-[Unknown]
07-09-2018, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2018 01:28 PM by Luktom100.)
(07-08-2018 07:10 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Hmm.. unfortunately, something seems wrong with that dump. Can you try again? It might help to click "Record" multiple times, and zip up the largest file. Sorry for the trouble - haven't seen this before, it's probably a bug in recording.

-[Unknown]

Here i clicked "Record" 3 times. This time i loaded the game from menu, becouse earlier i loaded it from savestate, so maybe that was the problem. I also used .7zip.

[attachment=16369]
07-10-2018, 04:32 AM
Thanks. When I drag ULES00542_0001.ppdmp into PPSSPP, I see the attached.

Just to make sure, if you drag it into the PPSSPP window, you still see the ugly squares, right?

If you don't see it from the dump file, but only see it when running the game, some things to try:

* It may help to turn of the Vertex Cache setting. Turning off hardware transform also turns off vertex cache, but the performance difference of only turning off vertex cache is much smaller.

* Make sure "reuse changed textures" and "lazy texture caching" are both off.

If you see it even with ULES00542_0001.ppdmp, it may mean a driver bug, but that will still be helpful information.

-[Unknown]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-10-2018, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2018 02:58 PM by Luktom100.)
(07-10-2018 04:32 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Thanks. When I drag ULES00542_0001.ppdmp into PPSSPP, I see the attached.

Just to make sure, if you drag it into the PPSSPP window, you still see the ugly squares, right?

If you don't see it from the dump file, but only see it when running the game, some things to try:

* It may help to turn of the Vertex Cache setting. Turning off hardware transform also turns off vertex cache, but the performance difference of only turning off vertex cache is much smaller.

* Make sure "reuse changed textures" and "lazy texture caching" are both off.

If you see it even with ULES00542_0001.ppdmp, it may mean a driver bug, but that will still be helpful information.

-[Unknown]
I did everything you said, and it worked, but im having an 85-90% slowdowns. Well it seems, that im left with Direct 3D 9, but its okay. It works fine, but im sad becouse of the unsupported shaders Sad "Hardware Transformation" is a must have 'ON" Otherwise major slowdowns and sound crackling is happening. Its good, that it works fine with d3d 9 for me and without squared glitches. Smile And yes i still have that bug in Opengl mode, even, when i only load a dump file.
Hey, one more question. Is lazy texture caching better to left on, or off in D3d9 ? Also what about vertex cache in d9d 9 ?
07-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Both can result in (temporary) graphical glitches or things jumping slightly on the screen. In Vulkan and Direct3D 11, vertex cache doesn't help much - but in OpenGL and Direct3D 9, it still helps a decent %.

I play with them both off - you should turn them on only if needed for speed. Lazy texture caching is more about CPU performance, and vertex cache is more about GPU performance.

Will take another look later to see if there's anything obvious that could be triggering a driver bug. Interesting - thanks for sticking with it and posting results.

-[Unknown]
07-11-2018, 02:16 AM
Hmm, it's not a very complicated draw - although it has 4 lights enabled. It must be a bug with lighting, which makes sense if disabling hardware transform works around it.

-[Unknown]
07-11-2018, 02:21 PM
(07-11-2018 02:16 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Hmm, it's not a very complicated draw - although it has 4 lights enabled. It must be a bug with lighting, which makes sense if disabling hardware transform works around it.

-[Unknown]

I just tried, to play around, with my graphic card settings, but nothing worked. Never had this bug in any of the 3d emulators i use, or any other OpenGL based source ports.
07-15-2018, 05:45 PM
I just played Lego Star Wars 2 and 3 also Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony with OpenGL mode and i didnt encountered the bug anywhere in those games.
07-17-2018, 05:35 PM
(07-10-2018 01:23 PM)Luktom100 Wrote:  ... Well it seems, that im left with Direct 3D 9, but its okay...
Try "RESHADE"
a bit tricky to install thou.