Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Issues with Sound cracking (any release)
07-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Issues with Sound cracking (any release)
hello,

any game I try to play (currently Lunar) has cracking sound. It doesn't matter how fast the game is running (between 30 and 1000 FPS), the sound always cracks, although higher speeds make it worse and there are very few, but still noticeable, cracks on the standard 30 fps.

I've tried a bunch of releases and settings already and nothing has worked. I guess it's not the emulator that's at fault in the first place, but I've no more ideas what to try, so I was hoping somebody here maybe had similar issues and found a possible fix or has some general idea what I could try. Tanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2018, 07:26 PM
RE: Issues with Sound cracking (any release)
You could try switching backends?
Also. Sometimes some programs just have weird sound glitches in general on some PCs. For example from time to time MPHC starts cracking for me a little. I have suspicion that it does not like my drivers, because they are for Win7, but Im on Win10.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
07-17-2018, 05:42 PM
RE: Issues with Sound cracking (any release)
(07-04-2018 07:21 PM)Aethyriel Wrote:  hello,

any game I try to play (currently Lunar) has cracking sound. It doesn't matter how fast the game is running (between 30 and 1000 FPS), the sound always cracks, although higher speeds make it worse and there are very few, but still noticeable, cracks on the standard 30 fps.

I've tried a bunch of releases and settings already and nothing has worked. I guess it's not the emulator that's at fault in the first place, but I've no more ideas what to try, so I was hoping somebody here maybe had similar issues and found a possible fix or has some general idea what I could try. Tanks in advance.

Looks like sound buffer problem.
Try:
1.increase sound buffer in ppsspp (i think it will not work)
2. change settings of your sound card - hardware acceleration, sample rate, bit depth...
3. update/downgrade sound drivers.
4. assign ppsspp to 1 cpu core (right click-> affinity in taskmgr.exe)