Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thank you for your work!
05-14-2018, 04:34 PM
Thank you for your work!
I'd like to thank the PPSSPP team for their hard work on this amazing emulator. I saw an advert yesterday for Loco Roco on the PS4, and was thinking of buying the PS4 just to play it, and I mentioned to someone I own Loco Roco on PSP as a physical copy, but my PSP no longer works for a variety of reasons, and none of them would be cheap to fix. He just told me about PPSSPP, and I was immediately thrilled. This emulator is perfect for every game I've tried on it, which was Loco Roco, Coded Arms, GTA VCS and GTA LCS. You guys saved me from making a $200 mistake, just to replay a beloved game, and now I can live my dream of playing Coded Arms with a 360 controller! Thank you so much!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2018, 02:36 AM
RE: Thank you for your work!
I feel the same way! I'm playing Maverick Hunter X, Megaman Poweredup and other PSP classics like it's 2008. You can't put a price on this kind of fun and enjoyment. Henrik and the rest of the PPSSPP development team deserve huge kudos!
06-05-2018, 05:06 PM
(05-15-2018 02:36 AM)LG Fanatic Wrote:  I feel the same way! I'm playing Maverick Hunter X, Megaman Poweredup and other PSP classics like it's 2008. You can't put a price on this kind of fun and enjoyment. Henrik and the rest of the PPSSPP development team deserve huge kudos!

Don't forget to thanks author of JPCSP. It's the only reason ppsspp has miraculously raise from broken ver 0.02 to working 0.84 within one year.
06-06-2018, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2018 03:16 AM by LG Fanatic.)
(06-05-2018 05:06 PM)qwer4321 Wrote:  
(05-15-2018 02:36 AM)LG Fanatic Wrote:  I feel the same way! I'm playing Maverick Hunter X, Megaman Poweredup and other PSP classics like it's 2008. You can't put a price on this kind of fun and enjoyment. Henrik and the rest of the PPSSPP development team deserve huge kudos!

Don't forget to thanks author of JPCSP. It's the only reason ppsspp has miraculously raise from broken ver 0.02 to working 0.84 within one year.

Ah, really? Well, then, here's a big thanks to the developer of JCPSP too and the PPSSPP dev. team.Big Grin
06-06-2018, 01:11 AM
It's not the only reason;p, but probably the biggest because the lack of good PSP emulator that's actually usable for playing games without very specific high end hardware configuration while PSP being mostly well documented was a reason why PPSSPP came to life.

People love to imagine someone took JPCSP code copy pasted it into PPSSPP and that's how the latter was made, but that's far from true. There's a lot of stuff which works differently in both emulators and if something works exactly same way it's because it follows real hardware tests not because one emulator already had it when another was being developed. There are things like media engine(mp3's, mp4's, jpge's etc) emulation or even camera support which aren't well documented and might be much more complete in JPCSP currently, but nobody takes it's code to implement into PPSSPP.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
06-06-2018, 03:15 AM
(06-06-2018 01:11 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  It's not the only reason;p, but probably the biggest because the lack of good PSP emulator that's actually usable for playing games without very specific high end hardware configuration while PSP being mostly well documented was a reason why PPSSPP came to life.

People love to imagine someone took JPCSP code copy pasted it into PPSSPP and that's how the latter was made, but that's far from true. There's a lot of stuff which works differently in both emulators and if something works exactly same way it's because it follows real hardware tests not because one emulator already had it when another was being developed. There are things like media engine(mp3's, mp4's, jpge's etc) emulation or even camera support which aren't well documented and might be much more complete in JPCSP currently, but nobody takes it's code to implement into PPSSPP.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the full story LunaMoo, I've amended my previous post.
06-06-2018, 12:53 PM
The initial PGF (game font rendering) and Mpeg (video playback) code were mostly implemented based on reading JPCSP code, so it's relatively true for those things. And a lot of games failed pretty early on before Mpeg was implemented.

I know people like to view it as a cutthroat competition, but there have been weird emulation issues gid15 has found while working on JPCSP and pointed out when PPSSPP needed to implement the same, and we've also done the same and tried to share tests and results back.

While thanking people, don't forget to thank soywiz, who wrote a bunch of the initial hardware tests and the first PSP emulator (AFAIK first), before even JPCSP. So really, there's even someone to thank for JPCSP being able to miraculously raise from broken to working in whatever time too.

These emulators are all open source. This is pretty normal.

-[Unknown]
06-09-2018, 02:16 PM
Open source projects are meant to help each other. It's like a scientific research that helps the whole community.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro