Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change PSP Save Data Region
05-02-2018, 03:12 AM
Change PSP Save Data Region
Hello is it possible to change the PSP Save Data Region like transferring your UE save data into a JP save data?

I've been playing Tales of Eternia recently and I found out there is a cheat (from cwcheat) that allows you to load the save data from another region, thus allowing you to access a JP save data while playing an EU version of the game.

I know there is a plugin called SGDeemer but for some reason it's not working for me. Any alternative methods?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2018, 01:39 AM
RE: Change PSP Save Data Region
PPSSPP does not run plugins at all. So to use SGDeemer you would need to use a physical psp and have both the EU copy of the game and the JPN copy of the game to make the transfer. Also this only works if the region is different but the save game formatting is the same across regions, so it may not work with all games. General usefull rule is if a game is by the same company across regions then you have a higher chance then if a different company was involved.

Side note: please do not bump your threads and bumping a thread when it is still one of the newest threads is extra annoying and pointless.
05-04-2018, 02:44 PM
(05-03-2018 01:39 AM)TkSilver Wrote:  PPSSPP does not run plugins at all. So to use SGDeemer you would need to use a physical psp and have both the EU copy of the game and the JPN copy of the game to make the transfer. Also this only works if the region is different but the save game formatting is the same across regions, so it may not work with all games. General usefull rule is if a game is by the same company across regions then you have a higher chance then if a different company was involved.

Side note: please do not bump your threads and bumping a thread when it is still one of the newest threads is extra annoying and pointless.

Is there a tool I can use to extract save data files so I can change the region manually?
05-04-2018, 03:32 PM
Not that I know of since the plugin is taking advantage of the way the PSP makes saves to do this trick.
05-05-2018, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2018 12:25 PM by LunaMoo.)
PPSSPP doesn't need any plugin like that, just rename savedata folder to change it's region and if the encryption on the savedata differs(but the content is still in same format) you can switch EncryptSave to false(ini only setting, note to edit it while ppsspp isn't running) then save in game then do the renaming of the decrypted save, you can also switch encryption back on later to make a proper encrypted savedata in the other region. I don't think the plugin does anything more than that that is decrypting and loading decrypted save;p.

We also have an option(again ini-only) called SavedataUpgrade which set to true would allow loading savedata of unexpected encryption which games might otherwise just report as corrupted, there's no way to fix trully corrupted savedata doesn't matter what psp plugin users want to believe.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
05-09-2018, 04:21 AM
(05-05-2018 08:16 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  PPSSPP doesn't need any plugin like that, just rename savedata folder to change it's region and if the encryption on the savedata differs(but the content is still in same format) you can switch EncryptSave to false(ini only setting, note to edit it while ppsspp isn't running) then save in game then do the renaming of the decrypted save, you can also switch encryption back on later to make a proper encrypted savedata in the other region. I don't think the plugin does anything more than that that is decrypting and loading decrypted save;p.

We also have an option(again ini-only) called SavedataUpgrade which set to true would allow loading savedata of unexpected encryption which games might otherwise just report as corrupted, there's no way to fix trully corrupted savedata doesn't matter what psp plugin users want to believe.

Hello! Do you accept simple requests at the moment?