Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Win10 64-bit Laptop won't detect my PSP
04-30-2018, 05:26 PM
Win10 64-bit Laptop won't detect my PSP
Hello!

I'm trying to connect my PSP to my laptop. Unfortunately it won't detect my psp. I guarantee that the USB connector or the USB port of the PSP is not the issue.

I think it has something to do with the drivers itself. So I tried installing the drivers manually but I get an error message.

When I use my win7 32 bit laptop, which is older, it can detect my PSP, allowing me to access the files.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2018, 03:58 AM
RE: Win10 64-bit Laptop won't detect my PSP
I think you might be able to just install the latest libusb32 wizard and have it generate a driver for the PSP. I haven't used Windows 10 though, so I'm not sure.

You can try this:
http://zadig.akeo.ie/

-[Unknown]
05-02-2018, 02:49 AM
(05-01-2018 03:58 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I think you might be able to just install the latest libusb32 wizard and have it generate a driver for the PSP. I haven't used Windows 10 though, so I'm not sure.

You can try this:

-[Unknown]

Hello! I have successfully installed the driver using a guide I found on the internet but my laptop still can't detect my PSP.
05-04-2018, 06:34 PM
(05-01-2018 03:58 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I think you might be able to just install the latest libusb32 wizard and have it generate a driver for the PSP. I haven't used Windows 10 though, so I'm not sure.

You can try this:

-[Unknown]

Turns out it's a PSP Type B USB.
I need the Type A.
05-04-2018, 10:05 PM
Type B is special and used to do some neat trickery like PSPdisp turning your psp into a secondary computer monitor (a very small low res monitor).

Type A should be just a part of windows since it reads the PSP as a simple flash device (like a thumb drive or memory card reader). Personally the only time I have had issues reading from a psp was when I had a bad cable. So I have never had to track down PSP drivers for my 1000,2000,3000, or Go PSPs.

If you still only have one PC tht reads the PSP properly you could always copy it on the computer that works and if you need it on the newer pc for some reason use a USB thumb drive to transfer the file over. Or if you are really really desperate use PSP ftp http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/533 to do it wirelessly very very very slowly.
05-04-2018, 10:29 PM
(05-04-2018 10:05 PM)TkSilver Wrote:  Type B is special and used to do some neat trickery like PSPdisp turning your psp into a secondary computer monitor (a very small low res monitor).

Type A should be just a part of windows since it reads the PSP as a simple flash device (like a thumb drive or memory card reader). Personally the only time I have had issues reading from a psp was when I had a bad cable. So I have never had to track down PSP drivers for my 1000,2000,3000, or Go PSPs.

If you still only have one PC tht reads the PSP properly you could always copy it on the computer that works and if you need it on the newer pc for some reason use a USB thumb drive to transfer the file over. Or if you are really really desperate use PSP ftp to do it wirelessly very very very slowly.

I'm trying to use JoyLite so I'm really desperate to connect my PSP to my current PC c:

But sadly Type A or Type B doesn't work
05-05-2018, 02:03 AM
remote joy lite is Type B drivers. You will have to disable driver signing since your running a 64bit OS after Win 7. here is how to do the very silly thing
https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-...d-drivers/

Do not Install DRIVERS with this done to your computer you do not 10000000000% trust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then install your Type B psp drivers
05-05-2018, 02:06 AM
(05-05-2018 02:03 AM)TkSilver Wrote:  remote joy lite is Type B drivers. You will have to disable driver signing since your running a 64bit OS after Win 7. here is how to do the very silly thing

Do not Install DRIVERS with this done to your computer you do not 10000000000% trust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then install your Type B psp drivers

I did install the USB Type B PSP Driver but still my laptop won't detect my PSP 2000.
USB Type A is not showing in the device manager too.
05-05-2018, 02:19 AM
the maker of the plugin states it works with win 10. Maybe microsoft changed something in an update, but supposedly it used to work.
05-08-2018, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2018 02:59 AM by Xen/on.)
(05-05-2018 02:19 AM)TkSilver Wrote:  the maker of the plugin states it works with win 10. Maybe microsoft changed something in an update, but supposedly it used to work.

Will I be able to connect properly if I downgrade my OS to Windows 8 or 7? or perhaps use a Virtual Machine instead to try and test it out?