Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP Emulation of File Structure
04-07-2013, 03:29 AM
PPSSPP Emulation of File Structure
So, I just decided to get the android version of this on a whim seeing as I have a nexus 10, and was really impressed with how many games I could actually play well on it. Might not need to have my PSP around if this keeps up!

Anyway, small question, I guess. There is a game series called Elminage that allows you to supply your own media (Music and Face images) that it reads from the PSP's memory stick. I was wondering if PPSSPP had a means of implementing this feature and if it was actually function able.

I'd understand if it didn't seeing as this is a magnificently rare function, but I figured I'd ask.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2013, 04:06 AM
RE: PPSSPP Emulation of File Structure
Well, it might work, but it depends on how it does it. Someone will have to test it to know.

But we do emulate the file structure, yes. It's the only way saves can work.

-[Unknown]
04-07-2013, 04:51 AM
Besides the limitations on the file types themselves (which is controlled by the game in any case), all of the files are loaded from a folder off of the root directory. If I knew how to read ppsspp's version of the filesystem starting from the root, I could test this myself.
04-07-2013, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 04:56 AM by [Unknown].)
PPSSPP just uses memstick/ for that. You can put savedata or even games in there e.g.:

memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA/etc.
memstick/PSP/GAME/ULES12345/EBOOT.PBP

So, the root is just memstick/. On mobile platforms the exact location varies, e.g. on Android it's the SD card.

-[Unknown]
04-07-2013, 05:52 AM
Just tried every combination I could think of for it, and couldn't get them to load. Shame, but I also couldn't even get the first eliminate (the only one in English) to even start up, so.
04-07-2013, 01:35 PM
(04-07-2013 04:56 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  PPSSPP just uses memstick/ for that. You can put savedata or even games in there e.g.:

memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA/etc.
memstick/PSP/GAME/ULES12345/EBOOT.PBP

So, the root is just memstick/. On mobile platforms the exact location varies, e.g. on Android it's the SD card.

-[Unknown]

I didn't know that we can use the "memstick/PSP/GAME/" location ! Thank you ! Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2