Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gran Turismo PSP Emulation Issues
09-13-2018, 05:12 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2018 05:19 AM by Tabris666.)
RE: Gran Turismo PSP Emulation Issues
this game needs a special setting on cpu speed i think was 233mhz which is the cpu speed of first gen psp i still dont understand what speed the emulator uses when emulating the games but gran turismo needed the cpu setting there are other games that needed a special setting but they work slow even on high end pc.
for example poorly optimized games need higher requirements (tekken games are known for this since they used every bit of hardware from the last gen of psp 3XXX series which are quite different from first gen psp but they are poorly optimized on ppsspp is normal on emulation think that a game released for psone still has speed problem and is a psone game but no one dares to optimize one game because it can break other games,weird because ppsspp keep updating the snapshot feature when is known that is breaking native save support)
psp 1000 specs
cpu speed 233 mhz
8 Mb ram
4 mb gpu
2 Mb spu
psp 300 specs
cpu speed 333 mhz
32 Mb ram
16 Mb gpu
8 Mb spu
due to hardware differences hardware requirements on ppssp are different for games released for psp 3000 and psp 1000 sadly the emulator dont have a proper hardware setup since selecting psp 3000 or psp 1000 wont change anything at all and some games specially older games had a better performance in the psp 3000
my advice as always avoid the snapshot saves and check for an older version since they work better then the latest version.

your gpu should be able to emulate any game since is 10 times better then the gpu of a gaming tablet but the emulator is getting crippled and gold versions are working better and faster when comparing the performance of both.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gran Turismo PSP Emulation Issues - Tabris666 - 09-13-2018 05:12 AM