Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PSP Save Data <<TO>> PPSSPP (Guide Request)
05-19-2013, 09:16 PM
PSP Save Data <<TO>> PPSSPP (Guide Request)
Hello everybody!

I'm very happy that my favorite PSP game is working pretty well at PPSSPP Tactics ogre : Let us cling together .
Now what I want is to make my PSP save data work at PPSSPP. I've found some information, but it seems to be for more technical people, take a look here: PPSSPP - Save Tool.
I would like to ask someone with a better knowledge to build us a step by step guide to use this tool. I'm sure it will help a lot of people.

So... Thanks in advance for YOU the person who will make that guide Big GrinTongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2013, 09:26 PM
RE: PSP Save Data <<TO>> PPSSPP (Guide Request)
Personally, I just copy my savedata from my PSP's Memory Stick (the "SAVEDATA" folder) in "{my PPSSPP directory}\memstick\PSP" and it works well Wink
But apparently, it's not working for all the games... I think you should try though Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-19-2013, 09:44 PM
(05-19-2013 09:26 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  Personally, I just copy my savedata from my PSP's Memory Stick (the "SAVEDATA" folder) in "{my PPSSPP directory}\memstick\PSP" and it works well Wink
But apparently, it's not working for all the games... I think you should try though Smile

Really? O.o hahaha Big Grin I've not yet tried it! hahaha I'll try what you posted... lets see if works for tactics ogre.
05-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Results with SaveData may vary due to the fact that PPSSPP is still in developement and doesn't yet support each and every function that's called by the games/firmware.
05-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Yep! Just copying the save data files works normally for Tactics Ogre... Now the question is: For what this application was made?

Sorry about my English. I'm Brazilian!
05-19-2013, 11:29 PM
It's an older tool. Actually, we should probably remove it now, I think it's not needed for anything anymore.

-[Unknown]
05-21-2013, 09:37 AM
(05-19-2013 11:29 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  It's an older tool. Actually, we should probably remove it now, I think it's not needed for anything anymore.

-[Unknown]

Got it, Thanks for the explanation!

Sorry about my English. I'm Brazilian!
08-05-2015, 01:52 PM
hi i cant load my psp gta liberty city stories save games on ppsspp it only opens save states .ppst files
02-27-2018, 07:24 PM
Hello everybody, I found this topic rather interesting and since with a friend we are enjoy hunting together on MHFU(me on a PSP 1000 cfw 3-90-M33-2, he on PPSSPP), I gave him for his birthday a PSP 1004 same cfw I installed myself after downgrading it from original cfw and pandorizing everything and cfwering everything.

Now we would like to hunt both from our psps, but the savedat he has on his PPSSPP is a file with extension .ppst, which not even google seem to know.

So I wa wandering if any of you knows how to pass a savedata from ppsspp to psp. (he has been playing a lot on ppsspp with mhfu and has a remarkable character, it would be such a waste to start over again from scratch).

I check and my savings on the psp are around 2MB, while the savings on the ppsspp on .ppst extensions are over 20MB, and I don't understand why.

Are you guys having the same extensions for your saves on ppsspp?

And since you are loading up saves from the psp directly to ppsspp when you play it on your ppsspp does the saves changes or keeps being a .bin extension file?

Hope you can understand and help.

Have a nice day
02-28-2018, 07:12 AM
1. .ppst is a ppsspp savestate which basically saves what the emulator is doing at that moment to a file so it can resume from that point (like hibernation on your computer)

2. You can not copy ppsspp savestates to a psp (it won't recognize them) you can only copy in game saves.

3. To copy a psp in game save you need the folder which will be ulus or ules or jpnh or one of a bunch of sony codes and then some numbers. (Every game is different but you need the folder on the psp in the SAVEDATA folder)

4. Side not you should really run a more modern CFW since you are missing out on a lot of features including the only way to hookup to "working" (sometimes) servers, better PoPs support and some other things. The only reason to stay on an older CFW is for better homebrew support, but 3.90 is already too high to have any better homebrew support then 6.60. Not to mention that since the encryption keys have been dumped you really don't need to screw around with a pandora battery anymore and installing and removing CFW is a lot easier and cleaner then it was.