Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem Transfering save data
02-09-2018, 11:29 AM
Problem Transfering save data
As the title says the 1.5.4 version of ppsspp crashes when i try to load a savestate i did playing on the 1.2.2 version.

Help apreciated
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2018, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 03:34 PM by Omarbd.)
RE: Problem Transfering save data
The savestate problem has been solucionated but the crashes when i try to enter into the dungeon keep happening in the newest version. It appears the message " PPSSPP has stopped working, it will be closed now" ( srry for the bad translate but english isnt my 1st lenguage)

Any idea which can be the problem?
02-09-2018, 04:28 PM
They won't work anymore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2018, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 04:50 PM by TkSilver.)
Savestates will not go from version to version without major issues (if they even work at all). Load up PPSSPP 1.2.2 and make a in game save like you would on a physical psp and transfer that to 1.5.4 and it should work fine.
02-11-2018, 04:27 AM
Another thing to remember:

Many PSP games weren't designed for 30+ hour play sessions. Remember it was a handheld device with maybe 4 hours of battery life.

A lot of people who only use save states, and never in game saves, actually end up running into bugs in the game. Things that would really happen on a PSP playing the game, if you played it for 30 hours straight.

It's best to use real in game saves when you can. And delete all your save states when you save in game. Things will just work better, trust me.

-[Unknown]
02-11-2018, 07:11 AM
Side note to using saves:

Do not.... DO NOT load a savestate made before an in game save and then use that in game save or allow an auto save... if you do most likly you will simply corrupt the in game save and it will be worthless. Other worse bugs can occure if you do this though since the PSP thinks you hve time traveled and it does not like that.