Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Biggest problem related to Coldbird (I think)
02-05-2018, 10:59 AM
Biggest problem related to Coldbird (I think)
Hello, I'm new on this forum and I'm french, so be indulgent with me! Angel

My problem is that i setup ppsspp with coldbird.net ip and ad-hoc online.
I get in a game (MhFU/P3rd) and try to connect.
And I did! I AM connected! As seen on Prometheus, i'm connected to their server, with other players.

But in the game, I see no one, alone in the gathering hall...

I don't see anyone, and I even try to stop ppsspp and it doesn't works...
Help me, you wont be disappointed.
Cordialy, clin d'oeil clin d'oeil Erihs
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2018, 01:00 PM
RE: Biggest problem related to Coldbird (I think)
Are you sure you are choosing the right gathering halls in MH games? Maybe people are simply in other halls. I presume you do know how MH online works?

Everything is Hitsuzen!
02-05-2018, 10:54 PM
coldbird.net is dead. If you really want to play MH online with people, try a third-party service(like HunsterVerse) or hosting via Hamachi for your friends.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2018, 06:03 AM
Hello, thank you for the answers. I know that I'm in the right gathering hall because i see it via pro. coldbird .net
There isn't any other way to play online without third-party service?
See right here: noelshack .com/2018-06-2-1517900524-nouvelle-image-bitmap-2.png
02-06-2018, 03:47 PM
There is no problem with coldbird server if both player router (internet connection) use public ip address to play and open all the port (Enable DMZ is the easiest way). its cleary stated that the Server Provide Adhoc Service not a Relay Service, for Adhoc connection to work the game packet must not be blocked for both client that establish Adhoc Connection. The Main Problem is the internet itself with their complexity with NAT and their Security with Tight Firewall that prevent application to establish proper Adhoc Connection. if you host the Service on LAN connection and use pro online client i guess there is no real problem i found on real PSP on most of supported game works well.

there is a second alternative if you behind a NAT Router, The solution is use router that support UPNP and use proclient that have UPNP support like aemu.prx on real PSP or use JPCSP. PPSSPP not have UPNP support yet for the pro online client. the current pro online client port is just like a ductape, partly finished for just make adhoc feature things work for some games.

Most of adhoc bridging and reverse enginnering is already written and worked by coldbird and i can say that is a great works and great service. latency is really matter with adhoc emulation and i can say most of the PSP games code really just designed for low latency networking and use a port like a bitches so to make it as close as the real console experience over internet its need to be really fast connection and really low latency like local network do.

Simulate Adhoc I/O and tunnel it over internet and make it less complex is not an easy task because the internet and the underlying platform has some limitation also not like a local network that can transfer the data really fast without interuption and the complexity of NAT. but its not impossible things to do some game accept high latency network and can tunneled over internet without problem. the internet and the hardware that PPSSPP running on is getting faster everyday also.

Most of game online server infrastructure on today internet implementation providing a user a relay server to connect to their central service and use that relay server to proxy and establish Adhoc Connection for both client behind strict NAT and firewall so the communication is not blocked between peer. right now im still experimenting with that kind of relay server and make a relay for the ADHOC I/O module on my PPSSPP fork that can bypass NAT over internet so if its done its just as simple as enable the feature, allow one outgoing PORT on firewall and everything magically work over internet like an usuall game online connection.

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

Monster Hunter Freedom : Lucis
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite : Lucis
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: Lucis