Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mh3rd hd savedata error
02-04-2018, 12:04 AM
Mh3rd hd savedata error
Hi everyone Smile
So what happened is that my normal save and my savedata are de-syncronized, so when i try to save normally in the game it says i dont have the memorystick inserted.
I found other threads about this. And about a possible way to fix it.
But my question is, how should i save ? Its ok to keep saving on save data (ppsspp system) or i should load and save in the classical way the game is supposed to do? Or it does not really matter at all and i can do as i prefer? Now my game are de-sycronized by a few hours of gameplay, so i can still load and do again my quests . So while im in time to re-do everything i want to know if theres any problem if i load-save with ppsspp instead of the classical system.
I dont know if i explained myself well, my english is bad as hell ahah Big Grin
Thank you in advance !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2018, 05:54 AM
RE: Mh3rd hd savedata error
(02-04-2018 12:04 AM)Leoro Wrote:  Hi everyone Smile
So what happened is that my normal save and my savedata are de-syncronized, so when i try to save normally in the game it says i dont have the memorystick inserted.
I found other threads about this. And about a possible way to fix it.
But my question is, how should i save ? Its ok to keep saving on save data (ppsspp system) or i should load and save in the classical way the game is supposed to do? Or it does not really matter at all and i can do as i prefer? Now my game are de-sycronized by a few hours of gameplay, so i can still load and do again my quests . So while im in time to re-do everything i want to know if theres any problem if i load-save with ppsspp instead of the classical system.
I dont know if i explained myself well, my english is bad as hell ahah Big Grin
Thank you in advance !

NEVER USE SAVESTATES AS SAVE REPLACEMENT!!!

Savestates are never meant as save replacement unless its archaic emulator/system like NES. Savestates break almost with every new version of emulator and they have many other problems.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
02-04-2018, 10:17 AM
Everyone tries hard to keep backwards compatibility of savestates so it's usually not a problem, real problem is that games are NOT designed to run without end, they are simply not stable enough to do that and using only savestates without ever restarting emulation and reloading from normal save simulates an infinite uninterrupted gameplay, so eventually game will start crashing due to it's own bugs/memory leaks etc. some emulator settings/hacks as well as many cheats makes it even worse.

Solutions to desync are two, abandoning savestate progress and continuing from in-game save, or as an alternative you can use cwcheats to break game feature that stops you from writing new savedata over un-recognized save. My signature has a link to cwcheat workarounds which include such cheat for this game.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
02-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Thank you ! Exactly what i wanted to hear. I will just load normal game save, and do again those few quests. Thank you again Smile