Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Homescreen GUI messed up
02-01-2018, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2018 04:12 PM by Doggo the Poggo.)
Homescreen GUI messed up
Hey guys, I'm having this issue with PPSSPP which I cannot find a solution for. I've tried googling but no one else seems to have this issue. Latest drivers all in place too.

I believe that since changing my PC, PPSSPP has not been working for me anymore

I'm running with GTX 1060 6gb, 8gb RAM, Ryzen 5 1600, Win 10 64bit

Everything else works fine, I just can't set my controls anymore since I tried to fix this by resetting.

My previous rig had no issues, in fact everything still works, just that I don't know what the heck I'm clicking :c

Thanks!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2018, 07:23 PM
RE: Homescreen GUI messed up
Delete your System file, or change backend.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2018, 04:13 AM
(02-01-2018 07:23 PM)MorrisonGamer Wrote:  Delete your System file, or change backend.

I've tried both, same results everytime, except Vulkan which just crashes

I've also tried to revert to the older versions, same issues as well Sad
02-02-2018, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2018 09:08 AM by LunaMoo.)
Those are all your gpu drivers issues which you'll have to wait for Nvidia to fix.

Nvidia has a fame of releasing great drivers, but it's also known from reusing desktop drivers for mobile gpu versions which often end up pretty buggy(edit: which is irrelevant here, I just for some reason thought it's a laptop while typing;p) their drivers seem to also have problems on some systems with windows 10 creators update which you might have installed, don't even know if you can uninstall that as I had no reason to install it to begin with, but if you can, that would probably solve your problems. Driver issues/windows updates are not something which will be fixed on emulator side, and workarounds are not always possible, especially when noone with programming skills is affected.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
02-02-2018, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2018 10:38 AM by Doggo the Poggo.)
(02-02-2018 09:05 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Those are all your gpu drivers issues which you'll have to wait for Nvidia to fix.

Nvidia has a fame of releasing great drivers, but it's also known from reusing desktop drivers for mobile gpu versions which often end up pretty buggy(edit: which is irrelevant here, I just for some reason thought it's a laptop while typing;p) their drivers seem to also have problems on some systems with windows 10 creators update which you might have installed, don't even know if you can uninstall that as I had no reason to install it to begin with, but if you can, that would probably solve your problems. Driver issues/windows updates are not something which will be fixed on emulator side, and workarounds are not always possible, especially when noone with programming skills is affected.

Ahh I see, thanks for the post!

I'll give it a shot, see if I can rollback some drivers Smile

EDIT: I rolled back some gpu drivers, win10 updates were too troublesome to deal with, so far nothing has changed but somehow my controls came back so I can technically play again Big Grin