Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Only DX 9 works properly (MSI gaming laptop)
01-31-2018, 03:35 PM
Only DX 9 works properly (MSI gaming laptop)
For some weird reason only DX 9 works properly in fullscreen. When I try other backend the graphics seem choppy during fullscreen but the FPS shows it is at a constant 60 fps. I ensured that Ppsspp is using the dedicated GPU. I'm quite sure my i7 4710 HQ and GTX 860m is more than capable of running any PSP game at the native solution. Any solution?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2018, 05:42 PM
RE: Only DX 9 works properly (MSI gaming laptop)
Delete your settings file, then make sure you are properly using the right backends. Also, it doesn't hurt to deactivate unstable options, or fussing around.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2018, 07:24 PM
Make sure that Nvidia optimus is DISABLED since odds are that Nvidia's control panel is not properly recognizing PPSSPP as something the dedicated graphics card should be used on and is switching over to the integrated HD 4600 (GT2 variant) which would explain everything.

Optimus has a habit of not recognizing emultor workloads as graphically demanding and since NVIDIA does not care one bit about emulators (to be fair neither does AMD or Intel) the only solution I have found is messing with settings to override the default settings.

How to do this will vary slightly depending on your specific OS.
02-01-2018, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2018 04:32 PM by ing17.)
(01-31-2018 05:42 PM)MorrisonGamer Wrote:  Delete your settings file, then make sure you are properly using the right backends. Also, it doesn't hurt to deactivate unstable options, or fussing around.

Thanks for the prompt reply. By deleting you mean setting back to default via the emulator's setting tab?

(01-31-2018 07:24 PM)TkSilver Wrote:  Make sure that Nvidia optimus is DISABLED since odds are that Nvidia's control panel is not properly recognizing PPSSPP as something the dedicated graphics card should be used on and is switching over to the integrated HD 4600 (GT2 variant) which would explain everything.

Optimus has a habit of not recognizing emultor workloads as graphically demanding and since NVIDIA does not care one bit about emulators (to be fair neither does AMD or Intel) the only solution I have found is messing with settings to override the default settings.

How to do this will vary slightly depending on your specific OS.
Thanks you are right actually. When set to DX 11 the emulator is not using the dedicated GPU. Sadly even with optimus off it is still not working.
02-01-2018, 05:22 PM
There are ways to force a specific adapter in nvidia's control panel. It varies from version to version and from OS to OS. I would say a dedicated specific tech forum might be able to help you get it running off of your discrete card better then here, since other variables like anything MSI specifically does to tune the laptop for batterylife or to hit certain heat levels might also come in to play and I have never owned a MSI before.
02-01-2018, 07:21 PM
By that, yes, deleting your System folder. Not setting things to default.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2018, 06:22 PM
(02-01-2018 07:21 PM)MorrisonGamer Wrote:  By that, yes, deleting your System folder. Not setting things to default.

Unfortunately still doesnt work.
02-06-2018, 06:46 PM
I had a similar problem.I am running dual boot win 7 and win 10.Win 7 doesn't run on dx 11 only vulkan/dx/opengl.Win 10 works fine for me.Tried it with 3 graphics cards.rx 550/ati 6570 and my 1050 ti.All of them had similar results.
02-06-2018, 07:09 PM
(02-06-2018 06:46 PM)Clariska Wrote:  (...)Win 7 doesn't run on dx 11 (...)
You're talking about something completely different than this thread is aboutTongue, anyway for d3d11 backend on windows versions before 8.1(meaning 7 and 8) you have to download redistributable files from for example here and place them inside PPSSPP directory(with the exe). That's "recommended" way of distributing those files by microsoft;p, as they dropped support of older windows and did not bothered to prepare the usual redistributale installer or update since those files are included by default in latest windows. You can only download them in full windows SDK or from people who redistribute them with their software. PPSSPP actually includes those files, but only in release versions, buildbot doesn't include it.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
02-10-2018, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2019 03:21 AM by Dukatti.)
solving choppiness, getting smoothness:
https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=24864