Poll: Should I also work on the fields...?(Ground, prop textures, skybox)
Definitely!
No need for that, who even looks at the ground?
Too much hassle.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep FM HD Textures(Update 20/01/2018)
01-02-2018, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: Today 12:30 AM by MorrisonGamer.)
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep FM HD Textures(Update 20/01/2018)
Followed by the motivation of seeing the Persona 3 Portable HD Textures made by
hououin_kyouma, I've decided to do my own project, but for Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, so we can do the PC platform some justice over the consoles!

FAQ is on Second Post.

What was made soo far:

Code:
-HD Icons for items!
-Big/Small Keyblade Icons on Menu(Ventus & Terra)
-All fonts and subtitles, crafted by hououin_kyouma! Big kudos to him, cause this looks awesome!
-HUD: Shotlock, portraits for Ventus/Aqua/Terra, Bars, etc
-Pause Menu
-Start Menu and Trinity Menu (New Main Background by hououin_kyouma)
-Most of the Main Pause Menu elements, except a few fonts.
-Reports and Sticker Album
-D-Links(Only Snow White/Aqua/Terra as of now on the Pause Menu, and only Aqua for the HUD)
-Normal and Detailed(Real Eye/Mouth Animation) models for alot of Main Characters. Expressions for normal models still need riddle solving.
-Character Selection
-Protagonists Default Keyblades and Keyblades from other characters

Worlds:
Code:
The Land of Departure - Most of the inside and outside textures are done, unsure about night and other rooms.
Keyblade Graveyard - Scattered Keyblades, perhaps not all.
Legacy Comparison Album: https://imgur.com/a/O31hx
Comparison Album: https://imgur.com/a/gw2kP

Site to compare yourself: https://juxtapose.knightlab.com/

Requirements:

ALOT OF VRAM
PPSSPP Latest or Dev Build
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix - English Patched by KeytoTruth (Crashing risks if you use another version.((Also pirating is against the forum rules. Go away.)).)

Recommended Options:
Any resolution from the one you downloaded to above, or everything will be more pixelated and other issues.
VSync on. It may be just me, but I notice alot of tearing using this pack.
Default everything
Do not enable emulator's native texture upscaling. I REPEAT. DO NOT.
Anisotropic 16X. It doesn't hurt performance.

Download Links

Please for the love of hearts, delete the previous folder when updating, or issues and file size increase may occur!

Upscaled

720p/3X Legacy: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ia39kxqnu6rc7...75.7z?dl=0

720p/3X: https://www.dropbox.com/s/viffreem5e15p3...75.7z?dl=0
6X: (NOT SOON™)

Redrawn/Replaced

(Not anytime SOON™ BUT)
6X

Original, Not Downscaled

Installation Method:

Step 1: Go to your PPSSPP folder ---> memstick ---> PSP ---> TEXTURES(Create if it doesn't exist) ---> ULJM05775 and extract the contents of ULJM05775.7z there.

Step 2: Open PPSSPP and go to Settings ---> Tools ---> Developer tools. - Image: https://i.imgur.com/B07t7x5.png

Step 3: Enable [Replace Textures]. Image: - https://i.imgur.com/rpTxkdr.jpg

Step 4: Enjoy.

Getting the game to 60 FPS and/or with Japanese Voices:

Step 1: Go to Settings ---> System and turn on [Enable cheats].

Step 2: Go back to the pause menu(Or unpause then pause), press [Cheats], [Edit cheat file] and input the following on the text file. Then Save and Restart PSP.

_C0 60 FPS Mode
_L 0x21725EC8 0x00000000
_C0 Japanese Language
_L 0x0035B02E 0x00000001

Step 3: Go back to [Cheats] in the pause menu and enable what you want. Enjoy.

NOTE: This does NOT break the game. Use it freely.

TBD:
  • Icons for Keyblades from Other Characters.
  • Keyblades
  • Worlds...because...I dunno. (This will be delayed until I have an actual decent PC. I'm sorry guys.)
  • Items!
  • Remake the hashes and optimize the images to use less VRAM.
  • Redraw/take everything like/from console's version. Maybe even better. This one is delayed until I'm done with everything.

Changelog:
Code:
20/01/2018 - A few D-Links from the Menu were replaced by higher quality versions, and so did the characters portraits. Also, fixed a few UI issues and optimized a few textures. Also reduced the size of the pack dramatically after increasing it dramatically too.

18/01/2018 - The big update is here, the UI by hououin_kyouma was applied, keyblade icons for Terra were added, models for a few more main characters, Land of Departure is almost done and some optimization was made, but seriously, thanks hououin_kyouma for it!

11/01/2018 - Most of the Land of Departure was made. Unsure about a few things, but fine for now. Also did a kickstart to doing Unversed and Heartless models.

10/01/2018 - Reports and Sticker Album almost done, only alternatives their main pics are needed. Attempt at getting Intro's Ventus textures in HD was made, but the game again refuses to let me grab his textures. Fixed the detailed Aqua model's textures being low res instead of 3X.

09/01/2018 - Finally made the Pause Menu HD, fixed Xehanort's textures, added a new one to Mickey and his Star Seeker.(The game refuses to let me grab the chain though.)

06/01/2018 - Fixed Terra keyblades not being changed at all, and also added new textures to Ventus's Heart in the intro. I assure you, there's nothing wrong in this release now. Sorry. :P

05/01/2018 - All "Main" characters have their models textures in HD, in exception for their faces for the Normal ones.(Fake Mouth) Trophies were added and items such as the Wayfinder, recipes are now here! By the way, keyblades from main characters, and Xehanort's were made too!

04/01/2018 - Fixed Aqua's clothes being swapped with her armour, and added Ven's frozen armour as an extra!

04/01/2018 - Another release coming in! The problem with Aqua's textures not working has been fixed, and an attempt to minimize the visual banding problem on the middle of Terra's shirt was made. Maybe not succesful.

03/01/2018 - 3rd Release - Big things here! Character Select is COMPLETELY done, from the floor to the character images, most of the keyblades in the Keyblade Graveyard are now in better quality, and the 3 main characters now have HD textures! Do not expect a good facial quality though, I am still working on it.

02/01/2018 - 2nd Release - Bugged facial expressions from Ventus removed and Terra is now properly replaced in the Main Menu.

02/01/2018 - 1st Release - This shouldn't even be a first release, I fucked up some of Ventus facial expressions, and I even forgot to get Terra's HD Main Menu background to work. It was a shameful release.

Do not expect a smooth progress on this project. As with Waifu2X website having problems, and my computer...my computer basically being terrible, things won't be a smooth sail in progress everytime.

Please do check houoin_kyouma's Persona 3 Portable HD Textures and support his work, he's doing an AWESOME job at it! https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=23509

You are free to take contents from this project as long as you have no intent of stealing credits, and will drop a link here as a source for your own projects. Just go wild.

If you want to contact me, visit my Steam. And if you can, support me, I'm trying to survive and ignore the hell I have to live with the best I can, sorry for asking this...
Just click on the WWW here.
------------------vvvvvvv------------------
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2018, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2018 03:05 PM by MorrisonGamer.)
RE: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep FM HD Textures(Update 10/01/2018)
Also please, if you find anything wrong with the textures pack, like bugs, textures not working, textures not the size they should be, please post here, or tell me via Steam. That'll help me alot.

Here's a FAQ for you:

Code:
Q: Can I use this on a real PSP?
A: No. It only works on a emulator, and even if it was possible. The PSP would have heavy performance issues with this.

Q:Can I use my INSERTLANGUAGEHERE Patched version of Final Mix?
A: Yes, you can, but I can't assure you that some things will keep the language from your patch, I extremely recommend you use the English one. Seriously.

Q: The game crashes/glitches/bugs with this texture pack, what do I do?
A: I assure you, that is super rare to happen, if that does happen, it probably means you have ran out of VRAM, and it is not my fault. I am attempting to optimize this however.

Q: I can't play online with my friend at the Mirage Arena!
A: It doesn't work.

Q: The quality of the movies is terrible!
A: I can't do anything about that. If something comes up, I'll put it here. But fixing that would mean modifying the ISO and adding a high quality FMV there, no. I don't have 1.5+2.5 HD ReMiX to grab the movies from there and convert to FMV.

Again, if anything comes up, I'll put here.
01-11-2018, 06:10 PM
Happy Birthday!! (?) I couldn't contain myself, and ended up doing a small texture pack XD I uploaded everything in here (Textures, Material, GIMP Files):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

I ended up optimizing the strange textures, so it served as practice ^^

PS: This time the pack uses the quick hash method.
Find all posts by this user
01-11-2018, 09:06 PM
Happy Birthday? I didn't get it, but thanks? But wow, thanks alot! What do you mean optimizing?
01-11-2018, 09:15 PM
(01-11-2018 09:06 PM)MorrisonGamer Wrote:  Happy Birthday? I didn't get it, but thanks? But wow, thanks alot! What do you mean optimizing?

Hahah it was just a joke ^^ It was just an excuse to give you this little pack ^^

By optimizing I meant specifying the real size of those textures, so the emulator can hash them again, this time properly, and then replacing those Wink You can check the ones I optimized by looking at the [hashranges] part of the textures.ini

Enjoy it!
01-11-2018, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2018 10:16 PM by MorrisonGamer.)
RE: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep FM HD Textures(Update 11/01/2018)
All right, I'll see what I can do to attempt implementing them onto my pack, but thanks alot, this is a big help, specially with how heavy loaded this gets at me.

Maybe try to update with this before today ends.

By the way, sorry for double post, but, the textures are too big for the size I'm working once, will it be fine if I downscaled them? Also there are some that look off, like the grass outside the Land of Departure, so I guess I'm not using that...

Also, if I do downscale them, how would I downscale them to the exact size I am currently working on? Cause I still have, for example, the fonts with the corruption underneath it.
01-12-2018, 10:52 AM
(01-11-2018 09:19 PM)MorrisonGamer Wrote:  All right, I'll see what I can do to attempt implementing them onto my pack, but thanks alot, this is a big help, specially with how heavy loaded this gets at me.

Maybe try to update with this before today ends.

By the way, sorry for double post, but, the textures are too big for the size I'm working once, will it be fine if I downscaled them? Also there are some that look off, like the grass outside the Land of Departure, so I guess I'm not using that...

Also, if I do downscale them, how would I downscale them to the exact size I am currently working on? Cause I still have, for example, the fonts with the corruption underneath it.

You don't need to downscale them, but if you did, they will probably look fine as well. (the ones I make are x6 the original size, so you should x0.5 them). If you do dowscale them, I recommend using waifu2x, as that will give the best result (just select magnify with 0.5 as rate).

As for the ones with corruption, you can either just use the ones I gave you, with or without downscaling them, using the hashranges in the textures.ini, so that ppsspp knows that real size of the image and can replace them with its new hash (the one I used), or, you can avoid the hashranges, downscale the image, and then re-add the useless space, by opening the image in GIMP for example, selecting image>canvas size, and making the width and height the same as in the ones you have. That should give you the image with the same aspect ratio as the original. Finally save it with File>Export as... and replace the one you have

PS: and yeah, the grass looks like crap Tongue
01-12-2018, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2018 02:13 PM by MorrisonGamer.)
My original plan is to downscale them later after I'm done with unversed and The Land of Departure, plus the logos from worlds. To each size, and then add to begin redrawing, but I'll spend most of the time fixing the hashes. Glad I still keep every original texture here.

What should I downscale to get as close to 4x/1080p though? That'd be hard to figure out, and I am already busy with trying to finish the pack with most of the things I wanna focus.

By the way, my original plan is to get every texture I think should be here until I am satisfied, then begin working on upscaling to bigger resolutions, and then later redraw, so there is no mess, and I can focus on one thing at a time.
01-12-2018, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2018 10:00 PM by hououin_kyouma.)
(01-12-2018 02:07 PM)MorrisonGamer Wrote:  My original plan is to downscale them later after I'm done with unversed and The Land of Departure, plus the logos from worlds. To each size, and then add to begin redrawing, but I'll spend most of the time fixing the hashes. Glad I still keep every original texture here.

What should I downscale to get as close to 4x/1080p though? That'd be hard to figure out, and I am already busy with trying to finish the pack with most of the things I wanna focus.

By the way, my original plan is to get every texture I think should be here until I am satisfied, then begin working on upscaling to bigger resolutions, and then later redraw, so there is no mess, and I can focus on one thing at a time.

Since I did an upscale of x6, you should downscale them by x0.666666666666666 to get them to x4.

Preview
01-12-2018, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 09:29 AM by MorrisonGamer.)
Alright, I'll see what I can do, again, I can only use the site because of my current state of affairs, but that doesn't stop me from trying, and I'll see what I can do. I'll first finish the Keyblades, their icons for each character, and the Unversed/Heartless. Maybe a few bosses. After that I'll release everything as a big update, and then work on getting 4X ready, and move on for the Redrawn/Replaced Textures version, but in 4X and 5X.

But again, downscaling to that specific rate means you think I'm using the software. I'm not because my PC doesn't support it. So I guess we have a problem here.
01-13-2018, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 03:04 PM by hououin_kyouma.)
(01-12-2018 10:37 PM)MorrisonGamer Wrote:  Alright, I'll see what I can do, again, I can only use the site because of my current state of affairs, but that doesn't stop me from trying, and I'll see what I can do. I'll first finish the Keyblades, their icons for each character, and the Unversed/Heartless. Maybe a few bosses. After that I'll release everything as a big update, and then work on getting 4X ready, and move on for the Redrawn/Replaced Textures version, but in 4X and 5X.

But again, downscaling to that specific rate means you think I'm using the software. I'm not because my PC doesn't support it. So I guess we have a problem here.

If you can't use it, you can just use them in that resolution, without the garbage at the bottom, using the hashranges ^^ If you reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally don't want to use them that way, then I could provide you the downscaled textures, without any optimizations.

As for the poll, I think it is important to also make the fields, so that there isn't such a notable difference in quality between what the models and UI have, compared to the fields. Buuut, that can be done later ^^
01-13-2018, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 05:16 PM by MorrisonGamer.)
Yeah, I'm leaving the fields for later, since it is a REAAAALLY hard job figuring out what is the field and what is...what? Yeah.

But I mean, I did want to downscale them because of the problem I already mentioned on your thread before, which is the Black Bars problem thing, because I want everyone to be able to use it, despite having a bad PC, not a big enough monitor, or bad performance.

Currently, things mentioned in the TBD, and also optimizing textures using the hashranges thing, I gladly have all the original textures if I need their hash back, cause if you got the file, you'll see I placed 8 ceros in every side of their hashes.
01-18-2018, 04:07 PM
By the time I posted this, I am working on a quick hotfix to the latest big update to fix missing things and a few textures not noticeable working like they should. Some of them are the information bar and the in-game menu.