Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved]hard exit, suitable for Steam Link setup?
12-26-2017, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2017 04:43 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
[Solved]hard exit, suitable for Steam Link setup?
Greetings, everyone! I've just discovered this wonderful emulator, and thrilled that I can set up my old games in full HD size on my home theater instead of the small format that I had to put up with using the analog output cables from my old PSP.

I do have a question - relating to exit commands. I have looked over the FAQ and beginner guides and cannot seem to find an answer, but I apologize if it is there and I just missed it.

I am using the emulator on a PC that feeds a Steam Link in my home theater. I have a few other emulators running successfully on this setup, and they both have a "-nogui" command line switch that I can use so that a simple press of the escape key ends emulation and kicks me back to Steam's menu system.

Is there an equivalent in PPSSPP? Either a command line switch or a setting or an INI file parameter that could be used to create this kind of "hard exit"?

Many thanks in advance!

-Hubble
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2017, 02:26 PM
RE: hard exit, suitable for Steam Link setup?
Ah! Apologies for taking up space on the board. I found the answer I was looking for at the LaunchBox community forums. The following command line switches will give the behavior I am looking for:

PPSSPPWindows64.exe --escape-exit --fullscreen "Drive:\Path\mygame.ISO"

The user recommended engaging fullscreen mode with a command line switch instead of the setting in the GUI. That way if there is any troubleshooting that needs to happen, you can just launch the bare emulator without a game and it will be in windowed mode.
12-26-2017, 04:43 PM
RE: [Solved]hard exit, suitable for Steam Link setup?
Title updated.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro