Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CW Cheat library for PPSSPP
12-20-2017, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2017 09:18 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
CW Cheat library for PPSSPP
As we all know, there's some fixes trhough CW Cheats for some games, I think would be a good idea if PPSSPP had a library with those cheats, warn when a fix is available and download it if the user wants to. Some games are only playable if using cheats, also there's important fixes for framerate (like God of War's 60 FPS fix), graphic issues, and others. What do you guys think? Smile

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2017, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2017 03:03 PM by LG Fanatic.)
RE: CW Cheat library for PPSSPP
I think that's a great idea! Would it be possible to includes cheats in general kinda of like the way Drastic DS does?
12-21-2017, 03:33 AM
You shouldn't need any 60 fps patches for GOW, the problem with 60 fps limiter hack(literally made for that game) was fixed shortly after 1.5.4. So if you use latest versions, it actually limits to 60 fps max correctly now, previously it was still going faster to much faster depending on place which funny enough was found out accidently through temporary issue with different feature:].

As for cwcheat patches to be included with PPSSPP, don't think it will ever happen, neither Henrik nor [Unknown] support hacks and PPSSPP project shouldn't aspire to be called PPCCSSXX22.

While I generally wouldn't mind dumping game specific patches to random users that never visit forums aka only people which really would gain anything previously not available for them - I want to repeat what I often say when making such patches myself - they're breaking games to match broken emulation. And that's cool, however emulation can and gradually does improve, in PPSSPP actually quite often and what happens then? Games can actually get broken by such "fixes", so despite it being practiced in one other emulator in even more automatic way(pcsx2 has a database of cheat based compat patches), I don't consider it a good idea.

And also definite NO for normal cheats as I said long time ago when it was requested;p, normal cheats made for PSP were BS. A lot cheats will break things since emulator still does not behave exactly like real hardware which those cheats depend on and what's worse PSP was not made by nintendo, it also wasn't made in the 80's, however many people making cheats on it had "NES" mentality and didn't understood that more modern games will often move things to different locations of memory and because of that their cheats will then start breaking stuff even while appearing as working correctly.
Official stuff has to come with quality and if we really have to compare to nintendo emulator, drastic is not the way to go since DS was outdated in every aspect already in the year it was released;p, much closer to PPSSPP would be Citra - 3DS emu where cheat engine was completely denied due to imperfect memory allocation emulation ~ something which also happens in PPSSPP, not only they don't include cheats, they don't even want to support them until emulation becomes betterTongue. Hope that gives a better perspective on actual situation.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-21-2017, 01:23 PM
@LG Fanatic I don't know, I don't use this emulador. :/

@LunaMoo I understand now, thanks!

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
12-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks for the in-depth explanation Luna! I understand the PPSSPP emulation better now. Smile