Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Sorry, I really don't know where should I post this] Can someone please help me?
12-06-2017, 07:10 PM
[Sorry, I really don't know where should I post this] Can someone please help me?
Hi everyone, I need help setting up PPSSPP on my Moto X4.

Out of the box the emulator runs GTA Vice City Stories at almost full speed, so I guess I need to tweek it down a bit, but I couldn't find any guides.

My phone is the Moto X4 (already said that) it Have 8 CPUs at up to 2.2GHz, and I believe it supports Vulkan (bc the app didn't crashed with it enabled), thou Idk if its best to use it or not since I didn't felt any difference.

I appreciate any help you guys could give me!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2017, 11:56 AM
RE: [Sorry, I really don't know where should I post this] Can someone please help me?
Vulkan is the best option for Android as fas as you don't have any issue. Well, Vulkan should give you a FPS boost, it uses much less CPU than OpenGL in most games, and the main bottleneck in mobile devices is the CPU.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
12-11-2017, 10:27 AM
RE: [Sorry, I really don't know where should I post this] Can someone please help me?
What you can do is adjust the settings a bit in the graphics menu of ppsspp to slightly improve the performance...

You can start by changing the internal resolution to x2 and your rendering resolution to x2 which should give you a slight boost in fps.

Try enabling timer hack and setting the "low resolution for effects" to either safe or balanced.

You can enable
Disable slower effects
Retain textures
And
Lazy texture cache.

You can also set the PSP CPU clock to either 222 or 333 in the system menu

Hopefully this should help

This should work with most games but I'd advise you to check the compatibility section of the forums for the game as well

My specs
Redmi Note 10.
Check My Profile For Tested Games(Bio Section)
Testing multiplayer - MGS PW - God Eater - Dbz

Contact me on Twitter @BradEDias for help with ppsspp