Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lost the Vulkan device?
12-01-2017, 07:09 PM
Lost the Vulkan device?
Anybody know how to fix the error?
Vulkan worked fine with the older 1.4 build but on 1.5.2 it gives me that error, not sure why.

GTX 960 is the GPU i'm using but i do have my integrated GPU drivers installed which are being used for my 2nd screen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2017, 08:20 AM
RE: Lost the Vulkan device?
When does it happen? Immediately when starting up or when starting a game, or later?
12-03-2017, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2017 03:27 AM by chroma.)
It seems to happen when attempting to load modded textures, at least in the one game I tried to use them with (Wipeout Pulse). The emulator crashed with this message while trying to load the ship selection screen (which has modded textures for the 3D models of the ships). The game runs fine when not running modded textures. No crash occurs with modded textures when using OpenGL.

Quick tangential question if I may... also in Wipeout Pulse, I get huge amounts of slowdown seemingly whenever a texture is called up - which happens probably whenever a ship's level of detail changes - which happens a lot - I'm just wondering if there's any solution to this? Like maybe having an option to keep all the modified textures in GPU memory or something... IDK. This slowdown occurs even when playing/loading everything from an SSD. I'd really like it if I could get the performance I normally have, as the ship textures ripped from the PS3 game look so much better, and with an i7 and a gtx1060 6GB, I'd like to think I could run a PSP game without gamebreaking stutters.

Oh and one more thing: I seem to get screen tearing even with Vsync turned on (I don't have Gsync). Happens with Vulkan & OpenGL, but I think it's been a long term issue for me (I'm not a major user).

Thanks!
12-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Hm, interesting, maybe a texture memory management bug as those texture packs tend to use a lot of memory...

As for screen tearing, do you happen to have an "optimus" laptop (with both intel GPU and nvidia GPU active?)
12-05-2017, 04:07 AM
No, I have a desktop.
12-06-2017, 03:44 PM
It happens when you launch the emulator but its fixed now, at least with one of the 1.5.4 nighly builds.
On a side note, v1.5.4-19-gcf5ede493 is corrupted when you download it. Maybe some github error or something.