Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fast forward is too fast!
11-28-2017, 09:24 AM
Fast forward is too fast!
Hello, I used to use ppsspp extensively and it was amazing. But now that I'm back to psp emulation, I downloaded ppsspp again but fast forwarding is all messed up! It's too fast, like a flying space rocket.

Usually I used fast forward to speed up battles and grinding, and I could still see what the characters were doing, they were just doing it fast, so it was very comfortable. I used fast forward to speed up walking frequently. Now if I fast forward walking, my character will be 100 screens away before I know it.

Is there a way to make it slower, an option somewhere that I'm missing, a FPS limit to fast forwarding? If not, please point me to where I can download an older build of ppsspp, if memory serves I used version 0.9.8 (windows version). I searched the site for it, but downloads older than 1.3. were removed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2017, 12:17 PM
RE: Fast forward is too fast!
PPSSPP doesn't really have "fast forward", instead it has two separate speed settings:
- unthrottle - which as the name suggests always goes as fast as the game can run on your device, useful for skipping loading screens or as a benchmark,
- speed toggle - which goes as fast as you set in alternative speed under graphics settings, used for whatever else you want including slowing games down.

So basically you're using the first feature, while you want to use the second one.:] Note you can remap their default keys using controls->control mapping.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Thanks!
04-28-2020, 11:33 PM
(11-28-2017 12:17 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  PPSSPP doesn't really have "fast forward", instead it has two separate speed settings:
- unthrottle - which as the name suggests always goes as fast as the game can run on your device, useful for skipping loading screens or as a benchmark,
- speed toggle - which goes as fast as you set in alternative speed under graphics settings, used for whatever else you want including slowing games down.

So basically you're using the first feature, while you want to use the second one.:] Note you can remap their default keys using controls->control mapping.

So how do I set up the Speed Toogle up?
06-26-2020, 12:11 PM
Hello DaveTheMan

1. Go to "edit game control"

2. On the controls page, navigate to the "special keys" section and find the "fast forward" option then choose any keyboard key you want (preferably not one that you are already using, I use "L" but you can use any)

3.Navigate back to the "General Keys" section and find the "Mic" option then enter the same key you chose for the "Fast forward" option (again use any you want, i use "L"). It will override that key and save it to the "Mic" option.

4.Close the controls page.

And voila your game is now always in "Fast Forward"

you have to do this everytime you close the emulator and re-eopen it. I know it tedious but worth it in my opinion.