Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disable 'Speed Throttling' when multiplaying?
12-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Disable 'Speed Throttling' when multiplaying?
It's really annoying when playing with someone who abuse it and breaks the game at the same time (notoriously in Coldbird)
Is there a way to prevent this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2017, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2017 11:22 PM by LunaMoo.)
RE: Disable 'Speed Throttling' when multiplaying?
No, there isn't. As I will always say to people asking about things like that - play with people you trust and if you don't trust anyone, play with yourselfTongue.

Even if we forget about working around problems that happen due to bad adhoc emulation and poor connections, there are many people who simply enjoy doing dumb stuff with their friends at mutual acceptance because games are ment for entertainment, not to be taken seriously.
Just because some people like roleplaying or whatever and place upon themselves limitations expecting others to play in same way, doesn't mean it's a job for the emulator to enforce anything.

Use your imagination, if we would block some features, people could just:
- use older version,
- build their own version,
- use someone else's version since many people who dislike BS will keep separate builds anyway(I for sure would and it's not that hard to find my github),
- use third party software to do same things differently.

Which makes what you ask impossible. Even if you would create separate PPSSPP version dedicated to protecting your online game and create a server that only allows that specific version to connect, you would be legally obliged to release it's source code and since it still would be PPSSPP it would leave a lot of room to quite easily hack around everything you could do.

The only way to even try doing anything in such direction emulator side, would be to start a completely new, closed source emulator running in closed environment potentially on dedicated hardware with custom operating system all heavily encrypted - which in the end only people who care as much as to pay for all of it, would end up using so none of the protections would matter.

=======

So now let's get back to the real world and move on to what CAN you do and what SHOULD be done in all of such cases since it's much simpler:
- check if the server you're playing on has rules to enforce what you like,
- if it has, contact someone that enforces those rules and can ban whoever breaks them,
- if it doesn't, your choice is to discuss adding such rules with local community/administrators of that server, or change to another server / make your own,
- if the server owner would like such rules, but has no time, you could always propose your own time to help executing those rules.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-03-2017, 05:31 AM
RE: Disable 'Speed Throttling' when multiplaying?
There is also no way of preventing physical PSPs from using CWCheats in coldbird either (breaking the game in fun and exciting ways).

My solution is pretty simple. I don't go looking for people to play with but if someone wants to play a game online and needs someone to play (and I have the game and am intrested in playing it) then I just let them know my ground rules in advance. If they break those and make the experience unfun then I juat don't play with them any more.