Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD - HD Textures
12-12-2017, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2017 05:40 PM by WonkoTheSane.)
RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD - HD Textures
@Luna and @Asferot, thanks for the clarification!

I do have a psp, but it is pretty much dead and even before that I believe I removed the CFW that was on it back in the day, sadly.
So unless someone does have access and wishes to play with those directly...

That said... YES I do like the idea of changing the fonts. E.g. on the photo where the name Julia and Yukumo egg pops up (that's the system font right?)
I've seen the font textures pop up once in a while with both regular (western) and japanese characters. I could look in to working with those and that would be a fun challenge!

@CuchiPol,
Well, I would suggest that you start small and figure out how you would like to help.
Do you have any experience with working with graphics? If so I can walk you through how to access the textures and the process of replacing them.
If you don't have experience with textures, graphics or fonts... well then there are a lot of tutorials out there on the internet, but then perhaps you would like to help in other ways?

There's a lot that need to be done:
- Getting the right resource icon to sit in the right spot on the maps. (The resource maps online seem to vary wildly in locations and seldomly line up when overlaid on the actual map)
- Getting a hold of high quality resource material to use in texturing. E.g. the icons that @kingvall are replacing are gotten from a high quality version of that icon and so he can more easily replace it.
- If you have access to the wii u version, there's the incredibly slow, laborious but ultimately (see what i did there) process of matching up the somewhat higher res imagery with that of the psp version.
- If you are more of a player and can do good video recordings, the project needs a good example vid or two or more to show what's happening. (I'm bad at conveying the changes in just flat images)
- PlayTesting! Find out what needs to be done still!
- List that stuff. I mean, there's a lot of stuff that I don't even know needs to be done and if we can get a good list of stuff to tackle that might give the project more structure

Anyway, the list goes on. So let me know what you are up for and I'll tell you what you are in for Wink

(12-12-2017 12:10 PM)Asferot Wrote:  Yup. What Luna said. I meant the system fonts. They look way better in MH game screenshots.

Ok... so... more playing around and I figure i was quite wrong about a couple of things.
First off... cannot replace fonts the old fashioned way of dumping the texture directly and replacing THAT...

The images get saved in a seemingly random ways every time i launch the game and i cant seem to isolate what makes em unique...

So... you guys mean replace system fonts... this is a bit outside of my ken and any help on how to make a custom font would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD - HD Textures - WonkoTheSane - 12-12-2017 05:03 PM