Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD - HD Textures
12-03-2017, 02:49 PM
RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD - HD Textures
sorry i don't understand your question but your textures is beautiful where are you find them ? it's possible for you to upload them in this forum ?

My english is also bad, i'm french ^^
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2017, 03:14 PM
(12-03-2017 02:49 PM)kingvall Wrote:  sorry i don't understand your question but your textures is beautiful where are you find them ? it's possible for you to upload them in this forum ?

My english is also bad, i'm french ^^
hi the screen were for @WonkoTheSane.
the texture are made using real photography with the original texture upscaled as base
12-03-2017, 03:23 PM
Ok. So a quick update or two.

I got some help from the someone who is called Zindea when it comes to the M3U textures.
Technical issues I had are mostly sorted. Will get to doing the bigger monsters now in full force Smile.

@Gigi, awesome work on a good start with Yukumo.
Are you going for a specific theme when choosing the textures?

Something I've found that helps a lot is if you upload the texture the game spits out to google search. You tend to see a lot of very similar looking textures very quickly which might help make the textures look closer to the original 'look and feel' while still being HD.

Also thanks to your texture i can now finally see that the lady is selling potatoes XD
12-03-2017, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 04:14 PM by kingvall.)
Your problem is fixed nice. I continue to upload the texture in mega or you don't need help ?

Edit: for yokumo extract HD texture of mhX is a good idea no ?
12-03-2017, 04:25 PM
@kingvall the 3ds one ?
@WonkoTheSane
little things but necessary hahaha before: //i.imgur.com/PRxTcEF.png after: //i.imgur.com/CcmYeKj.png
12-03-2017, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 04:37 PM by kingvall.)
yes in the 3ds MHX normally yukomo is in HD. So i continue to exctract MH3U texture or you d'ont need help ?
12-03-2017, 04:40 PM
(12-03-2017 04:35 PM)kingvall Wrote:  yes in the 3ds MHX normally yukomo is in HD. So i continue to exctract MH3U texture or you d'ont need help ?

that will help hahah if you continue
12-03-2017, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 04:46 PM by kingvall.)
ok. Little question do you found texture of item icon on MH3U i don't find them ? Quality is better than a simple upscale of 3rd item no ? (just an idea i don't no if is possible to use this texture in 3rd)

sorry for my poor english.

Other question, you to em009 texture is strange https://mega.nz/#F!AltggDqb!xpohNnBhuz4i...w!VpU0gRxB
12-03-2017, 04:59 PM
@Kingval, I managed with MH3U's MONSTER textures!
However if you want to help me find better/highest HD version of icons that would be a big help. HD versions WOULD be better than an upscale. If that isn't an option the best option is to make from scratch. Existing HD icons are preferred Smile

I just made an HD version of the ludroth and will upload later tonight. Screenshot included.

Thanks for the feedback and help guys.
I'm going to try and make an HD version of a monster every day of this coming week so stay tuned.

@gigi798, keep up the good work! If you have a product you are happy with i'll add it as an option in the repo!
Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-03-2017, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 07:31 PM by kingvall.)
I search icon in the game. I found icon in web but he is in vector so he have too simple design for use, i prefered use mh3u data but if i do not found the icon is better than nothing. Ho ludroth is realy good. Even more than the monsters in HD what I'm late for it is the weapons and armor in HD (femele armor XD).

Link for vector icon : http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Images_GeneStarwind
12-03-2017, 07:59 PM
(12-03-2017 07:17 PM)kingvall Wrote:  I search icon in the game. I found icon in web but he is in vector so he have too simple design for use, i prefered use mh3u data but if i do not found the icon is better than nothing. Ho ludroth is realy good. Even more than the monsters in HD what I'm late for it is the weapons and armor in HD (femele armor XD).

Link for vector icon : http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Images_GeneStarwind

Cool thanks dude!

I think I probably need to find some order of operations.
What are people most likely to get in contact with in the game and what will have the biggest impact in the shortest time.

So far the textures i've played with are monsters, area/ground, armor and UI.

I think the monsters and the UI probably should take priority and get done first. It will give the most people the most useful visual feedback since it's the two things focused on the most.

So yeah thanks the higher res images will definitely come in useful when I do the icon spritesets, (unless someone else wants to jump in and help Smile )
12-03-2017, 08:25 PM
@WonkoTheSane
other texture for yokumo
before //i.imgur.com/oESUfRF.png after //i.imgur.com/M7AIsT2.png
12-03-2017, 10:01 PM
@WonkoTheSane . Ok i continue to search. @gigi798 whow nice job
12-04-2017, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2017 02:08 PM by kingvall.)
hi, on mh3rd HD when I save the texture with ppsspp it shows me some item but he misses a lot (piece of monster for example) you found them?

here the only item that ppsspp gives me : http://puu.sh/yz66q/a19ba3960b.7z

EDIT: ho its OK i found it.

EDIT: I begin to make item in HD, i post a preview tonight. (finally i don't extract icon in MH3U, i use vector HD icon and other source , i choose item by item the most identiqual hd version.
12-04-2017, 02:19 PM
other texture for yokumo before //i.imgur.com/P5ioX7K.png after //i.imgur.com/Fy72m8b.png