Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Fun Remaster Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity
08-16-2021, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2021 04:21 PM by Tanik.)
Fun Remaster Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity
Hello. 10 days ago I realized that the remaster of Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity should definitely be, and I learned that some people have already made mods for easy playing on a PC and even "make" HD textures.

I will leave all links at the end of the post.

My thought did not remain a thought in my head, I began to translate it into reality. I downloaded the mods and everything worked very conveniently on my weakest PC. I asked about HD textures, downloaded them, and after a short inspection, I realized that people don't hardly worked on them.

I thought, why no one can't just find some program to improve textures and just push the texture there, and in the case of obvious artifacts or absolute crash, use pencils and felt-tip pens and paint on the textures yourself. Why didn't they do it? I've been looking for the answer for a week and honestly, I don't know yet.

I didn't know anything about painting and textures and started to get interested. And now for at least a week I have been working on textures in this way and redo all the textures myself, using AI upscale and pencil. So far, it turns out just fine. I have already completely remade as many as 4 locations and I think I can do a lot more by getting used to it over time.

All this time I have been working alone. Almost nobody helped me and few people pay attention to me. The only thing that helped me was the files of people and people who started the "Restoration" project almost a year ago and who have done almost nothing this year.

I want to inform you once again that this project needs a fan remaster and that I need help. I myself will redo the textures for more than a year.

And so, links:

Why the project needs a remaster:

reddit.com/r/phantasystar/comments/oy02c2/phantasy_star_portable_one_and_two_must_be/

Discord of Restoration project:
https://discord.gg/8sb5HxE
An active discord channel of the community, where the game is actively played and discussed:
https://discord.gg/Rccm6pQtJ7

Contact with me:

Discord: Таник#9340

Gmail: [email protected]

Download my texture pack

drive.google.com/file/d/1XPMaRYl7G999iC3PjgF5kp5tLKhVjm_Q/view?usp=drivesdk

(mixed with a pack from the restoration project)

How to install: Unzip the file and put it in the TEXTURES folder. Then enable "replace textures" in the emulator settings. It's just works.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2021, 03:40 PM
RE: Fun Remaster Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity
It seems that your gdrive and reddit links are "shortened".. I can't access them.
08-17-2021, 04:16 PM
Thank your for reply I fixed it.
11-09-2021, 10:46 AM
Uhh...it's not working?