I can't save or load saved game
10-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Sad I can't save or load saved game
I'm absolutely lost here. Huh

I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit
I'm on PPSSPP Gold v1.4.2

I've already copied my saved games from my PSP to this directory:
C:\Users\blah\OneDrive\Documents\PPSSPP\memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA

The saved game is noted as ULES00636CM2007-8, I don't know if this matters or not.

I'm trying to play Championship Manager 2007. When I try to load the save, I can see the saved game in the selection list to choose which load to actually load, but after selecting the saved game to load I'm given the error: "Load failed! Check Memory Stick and please try again"

I've been through the forums for the past hour or so and couldn't find a thread that resolved my issue. Google results are also unhelpful.

I've tried starting a new game and then tried saving the game, but I'm given this error: "Save failed! Check Memory Stick and please try again" [even though I can see a new SAVEDATA file appear in my SAVEDATA folder ... like it's registering the save but not really. I don't know.]

So, two questions:
(01) How can I load my saved game successfully
(02) How can I SAVE my game successfully
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2017, 05:49 PM
RE: I can't save or load saved game
Were you using savestates?
Were you using cheats?

Try taking the save from the SAVEDATA folder (should probably be names ULES00636... but some psp games use a different naming system (just not many) and moving it somewhere else (like your desktop), then delete the folder in SAVEDATA and see if you can now make a save.
10-03-2017, 07:26 PM
RE: I can't save or load saved game
(10-02-2017 05:49 PM)TkSilver Wrote:  Were you using savestates?
Were you using cheats?

Try taking the save from the SAVEDATA folder (should probably be names ULES00636... but some psp games use a different naming system (just not many) and moving it somewhere else (like your desktop), then delete the folder in SAVEDATA and see if you can now make a save.

(01) I was not using savestates
(02) I never use cheats

I've tried what you suggested and deleted the saves from the SAVEDATA folder. When I try to make a new save to a brand new game, I'm still given the "Save Failed! Check memory stick and please try again" error. It did create a new SAVEDATA file though named ULES00636CM2007-1 ... so it's trying to do something but it's not working.

You got me thinking about SAVE STATES ... so I found this post here, I hope I'm linking it properly: https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php...0#pid89980
This post states that it's unwise to use the game save feature and to, basically, only use save states. I also found a post from you going into more depth: https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php...#pid128431

If I start using save states instead, my problem will be solved I believe.

I just started a new game, made myself head coach of some crap team in Belgium and saved through save state. I exited PPSSPP entirely, started the game up, started a new team in poland played for a couple in-game days (didn't save the poland team) and then clicked on LOAD for the save state for Belgium and it loaded the prior game I used the save state .... so, it definitely worked that time.

So, for now the game is saving through save state only and I thank you for your help! I was really frustrated, but this will suffice. At least the freaking game is saving now! Smile