Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: WOTL Garbled/Stuttery Music
08-20-2017, 03:31 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics: WOTL Garbled/Stuttery Music
Hello!

I'm currently running v1.4.2 on Windows and trying to play Final Fantasy Tactics. The game itself runs just fine, but the music is consistently garbled and poor quality. I've spent the last week trying every option in the settings I could find in an attempt to fix it to no avail.

So far, the only option that has any impact on the sound quality has been changing the audio backend from Auto (which ends up just making the audio even worse).

I recorded some audio dumps so you can listen for yourself:
clyp.it/sz5ikwt0
clyp.it/aqsonilz

The music is garbled at the same points in each track every time, which leads me to believe it's happening independent of system performance. I've also wondered if maybe my .iso file was corrupt, but I tried a different version and had the same issue.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2017, 06:43 PM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: WOTL Garbled/Stuttery Music
(08-20-2017 03:31 PM)breakstherepetition Wrote:  Hello!

I'm currently running v1.4.2 on Windows and trying to play Final Fantasy Tactics. The game itself runs just fine, but the music is consistently garbled and poor quality. I've spent the last week trying every option in the settings I could find in an attempt to fix it to no avail.

So far, the only option that has any impact on the sound quality has been changing the audio backend from Auto (which ends up just making the audio even worse).

I recorded some audio dumps so you can listen for yourself:
clyp.it/sz5ikwt0
clyp.it/aqsonilz

The music is garbled at the same points in each track every time, which leads me to believe it's happening independent of system performance. I've also wondered if maybe my .iso file was corrupt, but I tried a different version and had the same issue.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

Having the same isues, can't figure out he behavior
09-03-2017, 02:03 PM
I am having similar issues, but not just with FFT
09-28-2017, 12:57 AM
Popping in to say I've the same issue. Windows v1.4.2 audio will crackle at specific bits of a track in FFT. Tried rolling back to an older build I had on hand, 1.2.2, same issue. Dunno what to make of this.
10-01-2017, 09:20 PM
Popping in yet again to say: Rolling back to 1.1.1 has resolved it, I knew I had played it at one point without horrid audio. Some stuff in the newer builds that I don't understand may've broken somefin'.
10-02-2017, 05:57 AM
Can confirm that 1.1.1 mostly fixes it. It's not garbled but it's definitely not accurate still (Some sounds are carried on too long, some are increased in volume, some seem to be off tone). But at least it's significantly more enjoyable this way.