Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack (WIP) - Update (2019-02-03)
04-29-2019, 07:06 PM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack (WIP) - Update (2019-02-03)
(04-28-2019 07:34 PM)Pixzen Wrote:  I have found the P3 portraits and will try and get this up to date paired with waifu2x and whatever might be needed. I got no ETA atm though.

It's actually quite time consuming but could be done in a matter of hours if you're into it.

Remember to give a link to the source if you're taking someone's work at least, but if possible, ask for permission.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2019, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2020 03:45 AM by TridentOfTheAbyss.)
I'm trying to upscale some of the minor characters using Waifu2x and maybe editing on top of that. I think that this one came out well if you want to add it to the pack. Let me know if I should continue.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qvwIZO...CDW3bD8xYS
[link is down because I have a new updated pack on another forum post]
Find all posts by this user
06-27-2019, 03:56 AM
(06-01-2019 02:16 AM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  I'm trying to upscale some of the minor characters using Waifu2x and maybe editing on top of that. I think that this one came out well if you want to add it to the pack. Let me know if I should continue.

Please do. And explore ESRGAN as an alternative option as well.
06-27-2019, 11:19 PM
I don't know if ESRGAN is a good option compared to waifu2x in this type of game.
07-01-2019, 01:32 AM
(06-27-2019 11:19 PM)AkiraJkr Wrote:  I don't know if ESRGAN is a good option compared to waifu2x in this type of game.
Depends on what model you use to upscale. The original is crap, and Manga109 at this point is outdated because there's so many better models that have come out.

I've some examples from Muramasa with my current upscaling workflow, but I'll admit the one that's contributing more is the dedithering model that I use prior to upscaling to get rid of dithers (which is a main culprit of upscaling noise).

https://imgsli.com/MzkyMw
http://www.framecompare.com/image-compar...n/6ZZWNNNX

Hopefully I'll get back to modding stuff for this game again.
07-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Can someone share their graphics setting screen please?
07-16-2019, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2020 03:46 AM by TridentOfTheAbyss.)
I just upscaled every portrait I had access to (using waifu2x) because why not. Some came out well. Others, not so much. Either way, I felt like posting them so...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...dW4jdGw_cF
[link is down because I have a new updated pack on another forum post]

Note: Hash codes included in file names. Also, I tried ESRGAN but it kept crashing so I gave up on it.
07-25-2019, 06:29 PM
Hey, kudos for the HD retexture, really digging it. I have one concern though. Where do I find the image file replacing the character model shadows? It irks me quite a bit seeing the square shadows underneath every entity inside tartarus. Also, are the "New Folder (2)" and all required folders or can I clean em up. Thanks again for the absolutely cool retexture amigo.
08-20-2019, 02:39 AM
(07-25-2019 06:29 PM)KaiRuKai Wrote:  Hey, kudos for the HD retexture, really digging it. I have one concern though. Where do I find the image file replacing the character model shadows? It irks me quite a bit seeing the square shadows underneath every entity inside tartarus. Also, are the "New Folder (2)" and all required folders or can I clean em up. Thanks again for the absolutely cool retexture amigo.

I have the same problem here. What can I do?
08-27-2019, 09:52 PM
(07-16-2019 10:34 PM)TridentOfTheAbyss Wrote:  I just upscaled every portrait I had access to (using waifu2x) because why not. Some came out well. Others, not so much. Either way, I felt like posting them so...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...dW4jdGw_cF

Note: Hash codes included in file names. Also, I tried ESRGAN but it kept crashing so I gave up on it.

Thanks for uploading Smile

In case anyone wants it, I added the missing dialogue images for the female protagonist, and the tweaked the OP's textures.ini with the above additions.

Just download Trident's folder as a zip and extract it so the files are in Adding/, then do the same with this and it should work without further fuss.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VdkJTw...hMjwTGjOBW
10-06-2019, 01:57 PM
(09-22-2017 06:19 PM)hououin_kyouma Wrote:  UPDATE (2019-02-03) ^^ Hi! Just a minor update ^^ I'll be leaving 2 options: x3 and x6 textures

Hello! As the title says, this is an HD Texture pack for P3P. It is an expansion on the excellent work made by DinJerr. I'll leave his post for reference:
DinJerr - Persona 3 Portable (ULUS10512) HD Texture Packs

Apart from everything present in DirJerr's pack, this one features:
  • All-Out Attacks
  • Backgrounds (WIP)
  • Battle - Health Bar Portraits (drawn from scratch based on the PS2 ones)
  • Cards (Using the excellent work by Enetirnel from Deviant Art)
    Enetirnel - Persona 3 Tarot Cards
  • Cutins
  • Dungeon - Health Bar Portraits (drawn from scratch based on the PSP ones. I need to update them later to match the battle ones, but it's better than nothing)
  • Expressions (!,?,etc)
  • Font - Added 23 symbols
  • Logos Remade (ATLUS & CRIWARE)
  • Models - Scenarios - Tartarus (WIP) (Thebel, Harabah, Tziah & Front of Tartarus finished)
  • New Game
  • Portraits (Characters & Personas) (WIP).
  • Status Effects
  • Title Screen
  • UI - Shops, Tartarus, Velvet Room
  • A lot of other details (like some enemies, bosses, characters, weapons), and more to come

I'll leave a link to a gallery on imgur for you to see it in action:
Gallery

And finally, here is the download link, without ads, or anything, just a simple google drive link:
x3 Texture Pack
x6 Texture Pack

I created this account because I just wanted to thank you and everyone that contributed on this project. You guys rocks! Big Grin
10-06-2019, 08:26 PM
I merged everything into a single download to make it much simpler than having to wait for the large Adding to zip up and download. Includes that the missing portrait above and the base x6 textures.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApzIkK--zvP0txojA0f4...j?e=k9eode
10-15-2019, 06:47 PM
Greetings. I'd like to first thank you for the amazing job you've done on this texture pack. The textures, portraits and text look very high quality.
I have a question though.
When a new portrait loads, for example when changing personas, there is a half/one second lag.
Is there a way to fix this?
My phone is a Sony Xperia XZ1.
Thanks in advance!
10-22-2019, 01:18 PM
Hi there, I really liked your job, and it is working half-way well for me. Somethings were replaced, but others weren't, someone knows what's wrong?

Images for reference: https://imgur.com/a/H60vNpm
10-23-2019, 08:13 PM
@DuIslingir I recommend you also make a 3x one. The 6x not only barely helps make a difference, it's...too much. It will cause noticeable stutters most of the time playing the game no matter the hardware. Imagine it on low-end devices.