Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 5 Average
Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack (WIP) - Update (2019-02-03)
12-19-2017, 05:59 PM
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack
(12-19-2017 05:36 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @hououin_kyouma - you copy pasted(I guess) examples in your post and left "address" in all of them^~^

BTW we also have an option(available only if xxh64 or xxh32 hash is used) called reduceHash, it's potentially dangerous and should never be randomly used without preferably testing more of the game with it, but said option will calculate hash based on the first 50% of the texture, if there are any textures that are exactly same in those 50%, but differ in their lower half, that's where it will be problematic, but in some games where you'll not have such conflicts or they will be easily worked around using that option will:
- hopefully deal with all texture hash duplicates,
- speed up the hashing.

Example where I know it could be used ~ "SD Gundam G Generation Overworld" which also has unstable both address and texture hash, it "breaks" fonts there since game builds up font glyph by glyph generating new texture each time, but that's easily fixed by just replacing it with complete font texture that already has all glyphs which in the end also helps to replace all font with HD version by significantly reducing number of textures that has to be dumped for getting complete font;], might be safer in the end than using only clut hash:].

And another option called "ignoreAddress" which does exactly what it says, much safer since address in most games is unstable to begin with, but also only available when using xxh64 or xxh32 hash.

Haha yeah, I copy pasted it, and forgot to fix it ^^ I'll fix it now, thanks for the correction ^^ I didn't know about the reduceHash option, thanks! I'll have to try it with some games with that problem to see if it causes any problems (Final Fantasy I, II, Digimon World Re-Digitize)

Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack:
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=23509
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Persona 3 Portable HD Texture Pack - hououin_kyouma - 12-19-2017 05:59 PM
Not working - Av0q3do - 02-01-2021, 04:04 AM